Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: Multibaggers in a Structural Change Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
omshivaya

Online Status: Offline
Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 1:25am
Originally posted by basant

It would because it was written by meThumbs%20Up

Basant sir, congratulations for such an engrossing article(as usual, TEDdies expect no less from you anyway Wink).

What I wanted to ask was what did you mean by "a book released on that day" and "written by me".

I got the part that you were at a common conference kind of scene. The other parts I didn't get, which I mentioned above. Which book was that?

And by the way, I had almost MISSED reading your article. I by chance, saw the first page today and THANK GOD I DID!

Excellently written article. You have a way with words for sure!!TongueTongue

Edited by omshivaya - 20/Jul/2007 at 1:41am
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 1:29am
Originally posted by kulman

...Haven't seen any of the expert analysts educating investors in such simpler ways. In fact they try to make it complicated to ensure their job security.

EXACTLY my sentiments Kulman jee.Tongue
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 9:14am
What I wanted to ask was what did you mean by "a book released on that day" and "written by me".

The conference had released a book which contained articles/writeups from people in the financial services industry. This article featured as one of those in that book.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 10:05am
.....conference had released a book which contained articles/writeups from people in the financial services industry....

----------------------------------------------------
Basant jee

Is there any other article in that booklet worth reading? If so, kindly post on TED for our benefit. Or a scanned copy may be sent by e-mail to those interested.
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 10:31am

Lots of advertisments from big people plus I guess there is an article by Madhu kela will check up and see if it can be posted.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Voyager

Quote Voyager Replybullet Posted: 21/Jul/2007 at 1:30pm

Hi Basant,

Well written! For new readers of the book where it’s been published, it’d be a good read. However, for any visitor/member of this forum, it’s just another day of consolidating jointly-held beliefs.

More than your writing, I’d rather compliment you on the temperament & energy with which you lead this forum. Hope that spirit continues! (There is enough & more intelligence on the earth – it’s these two, which are scarce)

Taking off from your article, one thing that I’d like to pose to the group is whether the composition of TED-XI lives upto that. Many of the TED-XI stocks have turned out to be multibaggers in the last four year ride of Sensex from 4K-odd to 15K. Over this period, an addition of 10K points has actually multiplied the index by almost 4 times. Going forward, one might hypothesise the same absolute gain in the index, but the multiple factor is surely questionable. In that background, some of the stocks will perhaps not multiply as well as they’ve done in the past. The TED-XI composition is perhaps a balanced one, for a >25% returns without undue risk.

Would it make sense to identify a set of new ‘structural change’ stocks that will multiply with GDP growths of 10% & index movement to 25K in 3-4 years time? The forum favourites in this context are Pantaloon, TV18 & NW18, but is there a possibility of even these stocks multiplying by 20 times in the next 5 years? The question to ponder is whether these stocks are ‘discovered’ ones with healthy market caps or would they still classify as ‘hidden gems’. Despite regular updations on TED-XI, is there a point of considering another list of fab-5 stocks with mkt cap less than 200 crs (by applying all the same principles as have been done to select the XI)? Yes indeed, this one would be more roller-coaster, but if built on the Patel-Pabrai principle (Head-I-win, Tails-I-don’t-lose-much), it could create significant value.

Probably the forum favourites already are such stocks – simply because structural changes are long lasting phenomenon & not short lived fads - and hence will continue to multiply wealth at an inorganic rate. However, it always, always, pays to explore alternate views continuously so as to void thought inertia!

Anways, good luck to all of you. All of you on the forum understand markets & stocks better than me & perhaps more than 99% of people. It’s always nice to read the views of top percentile of thought leaders in any domain!

IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 21/Jul/2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by basant

The conference had released a book which contained articles/writeups from people in the financial services industry. This article featured as one of those in that book.

Ok, got you. Thanks Basant jee.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 21/Jul/2007 at 2:33pm
Thank you Voyager for your kind words.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version