Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: Multibaggers in a Structural Change Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
vivekkumar_in

Online Status: Offline
Quote vivekkumar_in Replybullet Posted: 19/Jul/2007 at 3:32am
Originally posted by BubbleVision

Vivek..........You dont know. He has already been on CNBC, NDTV and Company!

Have you NOT visited.....http://www.yoursignaturespeaks.com/

Geezaloo ! I did'nt know that !

Often we forget there's a company behind every stock,and there's only one reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.
P Lynch
IP IP Logged
jstk

Quote jstk Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 6:28pm
Superb article, Basantjee- amazing clarity of thought & wonderfully presented, as always. Congratulations!
If you buy for a non-value reason, you will end up selling for a non-value reason.
IP IP Logged
tyler_durden

Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by mragarwal

Great Article Basant Jee. And THANKS for promoting me to a Groupie. :) .. just noticed it today.

Its an honor for me to be a part of this forum where you and other great value investors share your time and wisdom with us.

If you or anyone from here is in Delhi, please let me know.. will be great to meet/chatup/ or be the host.

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am from delhi/gurgaon.....Big%20smile
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
IP IP Logged
gautam

Quote gautam Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 7:30pm
Hello People,

Firstly, congratulations to the board for some excellent work on the markets. I have joined the board today and plan to be actively involved.

Since we are dealing with the topic...."multibaggers in a structural change" I thought one should look at the Petrochemical sector. A lot of mid-caps and small-caps in this sector look like multibaggers. Right from Andhra Petro, Ig Petro, Mysore Petro, Thirumalai Chem etc.. I am in constant touch with the management of these companies but since I do not go deeply into the fundatementals, it would be great if somebody looked into them. Most of them are turnaround companies going thought a industry cycle change for the better.

Disclosure : Holding most of the stocks mentioned. Some have already appreciated by 3-4 times and have potential for 5-10 times even from here.

Regards,
Gautam
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 8:11pm
Thank you all for those kind words. WHen I was asked to do an article I thought of writing something that people can relate to very easily. Making money in a structural change is very difficult and happens when 99% of the investors miss buying stocks in the change:

a) They would not believe that in that change - for example when I bought Pantaloon in 2003 people told me how costly it was to pay rent and run the AC all day long. Similarily each of these companies which look a no brainer now were the ones which investors looked at with supect and disbelief. For example witrh Infosys we said there are no hard assets what does the company own?

b) Once they start believing that change (because of stcok price appreciation) then they start to question valuations - Did we not hear the overvalued theory in Bharti, pantaloon, Financial technologies etc. Basically unless 99% of the population miss a change the balance 1% cannot make money.

Once people believe in that change and also in the valuation it is no more a change so finally the average Joe and his mother-in-law have to get it wrong!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
sanjay3

Quote sanjay3 Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 9:11pm

Basantjee

great article, thanks for leading us to road to wealth and wisdom

IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by tyler_durden

Originally posted by mragarwal

Great Article Basant Jee. And THANKS for promoting me to a Groupie. :) .. just noticed it today.

Its an honor for me to be a part of this forum where you and other great value investors share your time and wisdom with us.

If you or anyone from here is in Delhi, please let me know.. will be great to meet/chatup/ or be the host.

Regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

am from delhi/gurgaon.....Big%20smile

I sometimes do come to Delhi and at other times am traveling due to personal work. How's the property market there in Delhi agrawal ji. Any good bargains anywhere?

Edited by omshivaya - 20/Jul/2007 at 10:26pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
s_praharaj

Quote s_praharaj Replybullet Posted: 20/Jul/2007 at 10:37pm
Congratulations Basant on your maiden article of the series you plan to write on Identifying Multibaggers.
Its a very well written article which is totally different from the articles other Analysts generally write.You have in very simple words and with examples nicely explained how to pickup a multibagger from a sunrise industry. Generally people have a habit of grabbing everything from such an industry like inb dotcom boom. But you have rightly advised them the advantages of being with the leaders.

All the TEDDIES will be greatly benefitted by the insight you give them.

I hope to see more such articles in the days to come.

Thanx once again.
Shashi Praharaj
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version