Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Words of Wisdom
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Words of Wisdom
Message Icon Topic: What happened globally will happen in India! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
BubbleVision

Online Status: Offline
Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 07/Aug/2006 at 1:53pm
hi manish
If you see the Chart of uranium.. you will see that it has gone only one way in the last 3 years.. Indicating that there is no "bubble" in th commodity prices. It does not have a futures market and hence no big volatility. The demand of Uranium is currently relentless. Do you know any company in India which makes uranium? And internationally does INCO produces uranium?
any way yours was a great post in this great knowledge forum.
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 07/Aug/2006 at 2:02pm
AReva was previously called GEC ALstom. AFter the merger of the parent Alsthom this new company was created. They should do about Rs 28 per share in Fy 07. Since the parent is huge as big as Siemens and ABB I presume they would start looking at India.They do a lot of interesting products that are used to control transmission losses so the opportunity apart from the nuclear power business is big. 

Relaince Energy looks more like an Power cum Investment company. I think Anil Ambani is more keen to get into newer busineses rather then manage old ones. The return ratios will tell you the story.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 07/Aug/2006 at 4:31pm
There is another interesting discussion on RayBan - The presmise is the same " What has happened globally will happen in India". You may read the entire discussion by clicking on the following link.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 14/Aug/2006 at 10:39pm
Mr. Dave, are there any other radio-active metals from which nuclear metal can be generated?Actually, what you have said sounds so very interesting.We always look at demand supply gap but we never see the impact of price dynamics' impact on future demand and supply.Taking a cue, if crude goes up in a very big manner, then it may even become viable to produce crude from tar sands in canada.But I beleive power as a sector has to do well.And in this regard, i would like to make mention of Hydel Power. It is renewable source of energy, and i see it coming in a big manner. India could be having numerous SHP(Small Hydel Plants) like we have in China. I do agree, we dont have many perennial rivers but then in North India, we have some rivers.South India will have to depend on other sources of power.And this makes me extremely bullish for copper. I see no alternatives to copper here when it comes to transmission.And with problems looming over mines like escondida, the problem may turn from bad to worse.I beleive falconbridge makes an exciting play alongwith Inco.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 19/Aug/2006 at 12:57pm
Another area where Indian investors  could follow global investors is in the insurance sector.WHile LIC is not listed the listing of private players may create huge investor wealth over the next few years.

You may read the argument at:
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 20/Aug/2006 at 10:31pm
For a discussion on how we could play the land bank and property companies in India please click on the following link.
IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 05/Sep/2006 at 6:41am
Vivek,
Thorium is another material used mostly in India. But we dont have enough of that too in production. I think plants dont work on both and they have to designed specifically. Otherwise there is no alternate. Japanese scientists extracted uranium from salt but its cost was more than $200/lb few years back so that is out of question.

I agree with you on hydel. Watch JP associates. I am in that company since long time. They have technology, their own power plants, big capacity in cement.

Copper is not used much in transmission. In India I heard even house wiring has started using Alumin. But you need copper in transformers, motors etc. Big use of it is in Cars and A/Cs. Copper has a unique property. Bactetrias dont grow on them. You need healthy air. So in AC pipes you can not use anything else. In US they also use copper in plumbing for same reason.

Couple of years back I had purchased a company stock(WMC Resources ) which owned 38% known uranium reserves on the planet. That Uranium was mixed with large copper too. They were also one of the largest miners of Nickel and had some gold. Unfortunately company was taken over by BHP for cash last year before big run in metals. I figured out recently from their output that I lost 5-10 bagger.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/May/2007 at 10:08am
If anything that has happened in the West and is supposed to happen in India it would be the number of active participants in the stock markets. I think that US has about 50% of its population invested in the markets and the number is just about 5% here in India.

Now assuming this number goes upto 10%-12%  by 2012 then we would have a gush of new investors with new money into the markets. How can we welcome those investors into the markets?

I heard that about 20 million people are added to the middle class population every year - so there is an incremental crowd waiting to come over also.

My sense is we can do so by buying Tv channels with business news, AMC comnpanies, Brokerages etc.

Name are pretty obvious here but does anyone have a comparision chart of the active participants in the stock market for the different countries in the developed and developing market?

Mr V did put in an interesting thought on China here:
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version