Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Large Cap Blue Chips
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Large Cap Blue Chips
Message Icon Topic: Reliance communications Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 38 Next >>
tyler_durden

Online Status: Offline
Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Topic: Reliance communications
    Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 2:25pm
reliance communications moved handsomely in past few days. still a lot of steam is left in this stock and at cmp(368) its a value buy. the value will unlock in coming 2-3 years and this one is sure going to be a multibagger. i read a news pick today a part of which states:

"The Anil Ambani-controlled company is launching a slew of hand-held mobile computing devices, which are expected to hit the markets early next month.   

At present, there are an estimated 50,000 push mail users in the country, expected to increase to over a million in the next 12 months.   "

apart from this Reliance Communications has inked pack with Hutch & Idea.

the day it starts its high speed cable internet in full swing the investors will be rewarded.

i think one should plus this stock on dips.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 2:35pm
Enam has been pushing this stock. It has forecasted an EPs of Rs 15 for Fy 08 and has a target price of Rs 400.The company should benefit from the operating leverage of its business model but I prefer Bharti Airtel.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
tyler_durden

Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 3:02pm
undoubtedly bharti airtel is an old player and is good one. but basant ji i like reliance more because it is still trading at a pe lesser than bharti.

secondly reliance has still not forayed into the ventures where bharti has established itself.

last but not the least what astonishes me about reliance comm is its p/e ratio. still at around 0.55 and bharti has p/e of around 40.

in words of lynch bharti is a stalwart and reliance comm is a fast mover.

what you say basant g??
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 3:12pm
You have a point there. The expansion with Rel Comm will bring in economies of scale but I think that PE is earned in the market and Bharti has an RoE of 28% against Rel Comm 18% this gap should narrow but the real cream has been made in these stocks from here on both stocks should triple in 3-4 years. Where did you see a PE of 0.55 for Rel com? I think there is something wrong there.Actually Rel Comm should trade at a PE more then Bharti since the growth in Rel Comm is being priced in by the market.

Both remain growth stocks but the market gets afraid each time Marathon Ambani talks of a technology switch from CDMA to GSM maybe he does that to bargain with the vendors and I am told that he would not switch because thatwould cost about US $ 4-5 billion and also send the stock tanking.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
tyler_durden

Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 3:39pm
basant ji i reffered following links for p/e

for reliance:

http://www.indiainfoline.com/company/compsnap.asp?lmn=4

Market Cap.(BSE) 70,897.20

52 Week High 351.95

52 Week Low 297.00

High P/E 0.47

Low P/E 0.39

for bharti:

http://www.indiainfoline.com/company/compsnap.asp?lmn=4
Stock Price Details As on: Sep 01, 2006

Market Cap.(BSE) 88,870.05

52 Week High 483.95

52 Week Low 410.00

High P/E 45.57

Low P/E 38.61

Edited by tyler_durden - 25/Oct/2006 at 3:43pm
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 4:32pm
There is something wrong (extra ordinary income or typo) we need to check with BSE Rel com cannot trade at a pE of 0.55 otherwise we would have sold our house to buy this stock. 

We should also check with moneycontrol.
IP IP Logged
tyler_durden

Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 5:28pm
i checked again...this time economic times...

reliance trades at a p/e of 36.7

bharti is trading at a p/e of 38.4

so both re comparable and both re good.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Oct/2006 at 5:49pm
Yes both are good and should reward shareholders but as I said earlier I would prefer Bharti.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 38 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version