Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: Singer India Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
$x$=$
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote $x$=$ Replybullet Topic: Singer India
    Posted: 14/Jan/2013 at 6:33pm
Singer India.

The Company came out of bankruptcy and looks like poised for growth. Has any one looked at it lately?
I buy businesses...
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 12/Feb/2013 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by $x$=$

Singer India.

The Company came out of bankruptcy and looks like poised for growth. Has any one looked at it lately?

yes i am an investor in this company. Can you put up a note on this investment idea?
IP IP Logged
coolcarney

Quote coolcarney Replybullet Posted: 12/Feb/2013 at 10:57pm
I recently saw a store somewhere near Kandivali-Malad area on the SV Road. It was a company outlet and was to start in couple of days. In case I visit the store, I will gather some more information.

The company also sells Induction Cookers, Iron, etc. Refer their website. Main sales are still from Sewing Machines.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 12/Feb/2013 at 8:25am
Till the BIFR removes it from its clutches the re-rating will not happen.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 12/Feb/2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by basant

Till the BIFR removes it from its clutches the re-rating will not happen.

correct, and thats when the opportunity for retail investors like me lies. Now, its already wiped out the accumulated losses, is networth positive and going in newer, better areas. So till the time it gets out of BIFR it might be a good idea to accumulate. After re-rating it would have already become expensive :) ....By the way, do u know normally by when companies gets out of BIFR?
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 13/Feb/2013 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by coolcarney

I recently saw a store somewhere near Kandivali-Malad area on the SV Road. It was a company outlet and was to start in couple of days. In case I visit the store, I will gather some more information.

The company also sells Induction Cookers, Iron, etc. Refer their website. Main sales are still from Sewing Machines.

right...and this is a good sign...hopefully, it would grow a lot more in the coming years...by the way according to their AR they are making good progress in this area...did u get a sense of their appliances sale from this quarter's result?
IP IP Logged
coolcarney

Quote coolcarney Replybullet Posted: 13/Feb/2013 at 2:43pm
I just saw the result but did not analyse it as such. Its more of a trading company as of now is my GUESS. Sewing machines constitutes major sales. When I spoke to the person in the store, he said Singer brand is popular but when it comes to other appliances people don't know if its the same singer which makes sewing machines and it will take time. It is popular in South India. I was planning to visit and get a brochure he had promised me when store opens.
Originally posted by j2eeprofessiona

right...and this is a good sign...hopefully, it would grow a lot more in the coming years...by the way according to their AR they are making good progress in this area...did u get a sense of their appliances sale from this quarter's result?
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 13/Feb/2013 at 4:55pm

I just saw the result but did not analyse it as such. Its more of a trading company as of now is my GUESS. Sewing machines constitutes major sales. When I spoke to the person in the store, he said Singer brand is popular but when it comes to other appliances people don't know if its the same singer which makes sewing machines and it will take time. It is popular in South India. I was planning to visit and get a brochure he had promised me when store opens. 

no sir, this is not a trading company at all. So this is one good thing :) ....i also like the fact that it is generating good amount of cash...one dividend and we have a re-rating on the cards.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version