Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: Strategy to be used by a fresh graduates Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 14 Next >>
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Mamta Replybullet Topic: Strategy to be used by a fresh graduates
    Posted: 13/Aug/2006 at 9:59pm
Hi every1

I am very much interested in knowing the facts about <>.

it seems like a big circle (what goes round.. comes around)

Ppl offering Jobs want a resume with experience and exposure and how do new graduates get experience when no body is ready to give jobs to inexperienced starters. AND above all how do you tell your prospective employer or big corporates to give new Grads <> a chance to prove their skills and capabilities.

Look fwd to hearing your views.......
IP IP Logged
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mamta Replybullet Posted: 13/Aug/2006 at 10:44pm
 I think finding job right after graduation specially when u have no experince, it's hard.. and I think it's the phase which each and every one passes through...except the one who go internship

Do you think the situation wil change
IP IP Logged
Ambarish
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ambarish Replybullet Posted: 13/Aug/2006 at 12:18pm
there is no such "situation" in my opinion if you are capable and if you deserve a job there are plenty of openings you just need to search the point is that where to search this is the information which is missing one of the best place to start looking for is in your college it self there is something know as jobs in  campus then world wide web is there etc etc etc you only need to look at the right places
www.halwasiya.uni.cc
“Wining is not everything, it is the only thing”
IP IP Logged
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mamta Replybullet Posted: 13/Aug/2006 at 12:26pm

but as a student i feel one thing along with accads one needs to have good communication skills. and in this cut troat competion. every individual has got to have some kinda different talent to prove his stand. right now campus requirement bosts the confidence of many graduates. but i  strongly feel as a fresher fetching a job in the open market is really tough.

i just dnt knw where i would stand after my graduation. but always hopefor the best with my effort involved in it.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 13/Aug/2006 at 9:27am
Mamta I would tend to agree with you. It is like the chicken and the egg race but if you need to brak out of that race you would have to supplement yourself with a professsional degree. If you are just a plain simple vanilla graduate then getting a job is really tough. How ever these days call centres etc do provide some work but the best thing for the fresh grad is to grab what ever job he gets and then take it from there.They have no options as they say "Beggers can't be choosers".
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
rohit

Quote rohit Replybullet Posted: 14/Aug/2006 at 11:18pm
I completely agree with Mr. basant that a fresher should pursue a professional course along with the basic courses to get a proper job otherwise it is really tough.

Edited by basant - 14/Aug/2006 at 11:23pm
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 14/Aug/2006 at 11:27pm
Freshers can get a break in call centers that too if they are conversant with english speaking but that experience rarely helps in other jobs. But in today's world an english speaking grad can hope tpo earn about 10k each month then as opportunities come he could take it from there. Compared to what the situation was about 10 years ago things are really easy now.

A friend of mine who works in India's largest private sector company says that those people take CA's only instead of B'com their argument is that  if an grad is to be paid rs 10 k why not take a fresher CA for 15k. Sounds interesting...
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mamta Replybullet Posted: 14/Aug/2006 at 11:28pm

There is a school of thought amongst employers that thinks that an experienced person is better than a fresh graduate.

People think that education is all theory and no practice.

The management usually concerns itself with short term figures and not about long time nurturance and training of its employees. In the long term, the person with the right educational qualification is the winner and contributes best to an organization when we think in terms of the law of averages

Unfortunately they do not realize something.

Theory follows practice. The most effective personality types are those who can amalgamate theory and practice. theory is a mental blueprint for any undertaking and without that base you are creating something which is totally haphazard or something so so at its best.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 14 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version