Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Getting an Insurance - The fine print Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
SORUB

Online Status: Offline
Quote SORUB Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 8:00pm
Basantji i was referring to pension plan(ulpp) single premium!
K.I.S.S(keep it simple silly) is the most easy management formula i ever came across!!! but it is very hard to follow!!!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 8:08pm
The great Woody Allen once said: "There are worst things in life than death. Have you ever spent an evening with an insurance agent?"

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by SORUB

Basantji i was referring to pension plan(ulpp) single premium!

Oh! That is like skimming the cream off the customer. Why would you like to pay a commission of 25% for the first year?Ouch
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
SORUB

Quote SORUB Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 8:38pm
Basantji in regular premium only there is high charge of 25%...just now i saw the pamphlet and fount that for single premium policy(unit linked pension plan) charges are only 6% and the policy is in force for 30years,minimum premium is 25000 where 1500 is take as charges and the agent gets only 250 rupees as commission!..u can top up any time or any amount!

Edited by SORUB - 25/Aug/2008 at 8:40pm
K.I.S.S(keep it simple silly) is the most easy management formula i ever came across!!! but it is very hard to follow!!!
IP IP Logged
SORUB

Quote SORUB Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 8:47pm
kulmanji i am planning to write IRDA exam and will like to spend some time with u after i finish that exam!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Aug/2008 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by SORUB

kulmanji i am planning to write IRDA exam and will like to spend some time with u after i finish that exam!

LOL ha ha ha!

Sure we shall meet. I might think of buying portfolio insurance from you!

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
nitin_jagtap

Quote nitin_jagtap Replybullet Posted: 28/Aug/2008 at 10:40am
Private insurers slash term cover premia by 10-40%

Private life insurance companies Bajaj Allianz and Kotak Life Insurance have reduced premium rates for term insurance policies by 10 - 40 per cent.

The move follows the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority’s (Irda) decision, nearly five months ago, to reduce the solvency margin on term insurance policies to motivate insurers to launch pure term products for longer tenures at affordable rates.

However, other players such as Life Insurance Corporation (LIC), SBI Life, Reliance Life, HDFC Standard Life and Birla Sun Life have not lowered rates, adding that premia on their term policies are already low, with no scope for a further reduction.

Besides the solvency margin, other factors such as mortality risk, commission, and operational expenses are taken into account by life insurers for deciding rates. For deciding the premium on an individual policy, factors such as age, health of the individual, lifestyle and the policy tenure are taken into account.

Insurers are currently required to maintain a solvency margin of 150 per cent. Solvency margin requirements are prudential norms governing the capital requirement of insurance companies. They are equivalent to capital adequacy ratio (CAR) prevalent in the banking industry. A reduction on margins eases the capital requirement for both individual and group term policies by a third.

“We have revised the rates for New Risk Care-II, which we are about to launch. The reduction varies from 10 to 20 per cent. For a 30-year male, a 15-year policy with a Rs 10-lakh cover will now cost a premium of Rs 2,680 as compared with Rs 3,280 earlier,” said a Bajaj Allianz Life executive.

Kotak Life Insurance has relaunched Kotak Term and Kotak Preferred Term with reduced rates. Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance MD Gaurang Shah, said, “We have reduced our term plan rates up to 40 per cent. With these reduced rates, for a 30-year old healthy male, with a cover of Rs 10 lakh for a term of 10 years, the Kotak Term Plan will cost Rs 2,184, excluding service tax.”

Source : Business Standard
Warm REgards
Nitin Jagtap
IP IP Logged
SORUB

Quote SORUB Replybullet Posted: 29/Aug/2008 at 10:20pm
hdfc standard life quoted 3200 for 10lak S.A for 30years for me(26)
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 9 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version