Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: The Multibagger portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 41 Next >>
prosperity

Online Status: Offline
Quote prosperity Replybullet Posted: 23/Sep/2007 at 3:20pm
You may not believe, but i have killed that devil inside me long back ...
I have sat over a 20 bagger - and it took 3 years .. i still hold it !

I bought one fundamentally good stock the same time when Basantji bought Pantaloons - that has been a 5 bagger and brokerages have uncovered it now and now they have started shouting that it still has lot of value left !

But i had got a 5 bagger and not 80 bagger in these 5 years !

Originally posted by smartcat

The problem is - even if somebody tells you that a particular stock has a potential to be a multi-bagger, the devil inside you will shoot down the stock idea. An 80-bagger stock most probably won't look like an attractive business/company right now.
IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 23/Sep/2007 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by s_praharaj

Thanx for initiating the discussion on multibaggers. I read somewhere that to identify a multibagger is like identifying Madhuri Dixit in her teens. I have also a small list of potential multi baggers.

1. TTML - Tata Mgmt, Sector having a lot of potential, cheap
2. Yes Bank - Experienced promoter, professional banking in most profitable sector of banking.
3. Orchid Chemicals - Consistent performance, far sighted and experienced promoters.
4. TV-18 - Agreed with Basant's view point.

I would like to have the views of our forum members.

Shashi Praharaj
Mumbai

Praharaj Ji is TTML  still teen to take? Or  people like us should better go for some other mature one like Rel COM! TATA INDICOM and TTML are they  coming closer to each other? if so then I will go again with TTML ( I lost money in 2005 in TTML) to recover my old loss! How TCS is maintaining TTML?
Note: I do not marry nor divorce any stock!
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 23/Sep/2007 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by prosperity

You may not believe, but i have killed that devil inside me long back ...
I have sat over a 20 bagger - and it took 3 years .. i still hold it !

I bought one fundamentally good stock the same time when Basantji bought Pantaloons - that has been a 5 bagger and brokerages have uncovered it now and now they have started shouting that it still has lot of value left !

But i had got a 5 bagger and not 80 bagger in these 5 years !

Prosperityji,
A five bagger is better than a no bagger. Congratulations.
Feel free to share What led you to it before the brokerages and more importantly keep it ?

Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
s_praharaj

Quote s_praharaj Replybullet Posted: 24/Sep/2007 at 2:09pm

PKB2000,

I am still bullish in TTML, As per my calculation it should reach 50 by this year financial end. Then it will merge with TTSL and VSNL and together they will be another force to reckon with. Reliance, Tata, Bharti and Idea will be the major telecom players. I am still holding it. I was never mentioning this in the forum, because TTML, was considered to be a underperformer by all the recommending houses and individual analysts.

About Orchid also, I was bullish that time. Though management and industry is good, I realised later that Pharma is considered more or less as a commodity in India. It will go up, only when the cycle will come. So, I exited completely from Orchid.

Shashi Praharaj
IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 24/Sep/2007 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by s_praharaj

PKB2000,

I am still bullish in TTML, As per my calculation it should reach 50 by this year financial end. Then it will merge with TTSL and VSNL and together they will be another force to reckon with. Reliance, Tata, Bharti and Idea will be the major telecom players. I am still holding it. I was never mentioning this in the forum, because TTML, was considered to be a underperformer by all the recommending houses and individual analysts.

About Orchid also, I was bullish that time. Though management and industry is good, I realised later that Pharma is considered more or less as a commodity in India. It will go up, only when the cycle will come. So, I exited completely from Orchid.

TTML: The way it is moving, either year financial end should be reduced to end of this month to reach 50 or one need to add at least 1 before 50 if he waits till the end of this financial year! Stunning indeed!

Edited by PKB2000 - 24/Sep/2007 at 5:33pm
I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso
IP IP Logged
sushil
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sushil Replybullet Posted: 25/Sep/2007 at 8:46pm
TTML is one of the few stocks that I also hold and like to moniter. The best time to buy this stock was last year when it was hovering below 20. Downside risk was very low at that time. I would never buy it at current price as Risk/Reward does not seems to be in my favor. At the same moment I have no plan to sell my holding either. Wondering why we have a tendancy to look at the stocks that are making new highs and rather miss the opportunity on the good companys that are reeling with some bad news. 

Edited by sushil - 25/Sep/2007 at 9:33pm
Please note that Investing in stock market can result in financial loss. Make your own judgement before investing on any company.
IP IP Logged
PKB2000

Quote PKB2000 Replybullet Posted: 25/Sep/2007 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by sushil

TTML is one of the few stocks that I also hold and like to moniter. The best time to buy this stock was last year when it was hovering below 20. Downside risk was very low at that time. I would never buy it at current price as Risk/Reward does not seems to be in my favor. At the same moment I have no plan to sell my holding either. Wondering why we have a tendancy to look at the stocks that are making new highs and rather miss the opportunity on the good companys that are reeling with some bad news. 
Curious to learn a few other examples from you -good organisations that are reeling with some bad news (except IT sectors)
IP IP Logged
sushil
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sushil Replybullet Posted: 25/Sep/2007 at 9:33pm

It's funny that you said IT sector because some of them started offering good value. The other neglected sector is sugar. Everybody knows about it but nobody want to invest e.g Balrampur Chini that has moved up recently, at around 60 offer very good value and risk/reward is in our favor. This is a cyclic business and we need lots of patient and go through pain to get good gains.

Edited by sushil - 25/Sep/2007 at 9:57pm
Please note that Investing in stock market can result in financial loss. Make your own judgement before investing on any company.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 41 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version