Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Management
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Management
Message Icon Topic: Contacting company management Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
valueman

Online Status: Offline
Quote valueman Replybullet Posted: 30/Mar/2008 at 10:14pm

I sent an email to Bilcare to the only email given on their web site and it keeps bouncing back .There are no Annual Reports / Financial statements in their website nor any contact for investor relations .In such a case how should one approach the Company's Management ?

To achieve satisfactory investment results is easier than most people realize ; to achieve superior results is harder than it looks .
Benjamin Graham.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 30/Mar/2008 at 9:20am
Check the contact us and give them a call. Try and get across to the a) compamny secretary b) corporate communications or c) COmpliance Officer/investor relations.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 30/Mar/2008 at 9:35am
Originally posted by valueman

I sent an email to Bilcare to the only email given on their web site and it keeps bouncing back .There are no Annual Reports / Financial statements in their website nor any contact for investor relations .In such a case how should one approach the Company's Management ?

Use your time better and train your gun on some other company.
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 03/Apr/2009 at 12:46pm
Actually I have been  mailing a company a couple of my queries related to their business, but the company has so far not responded to my queries. How can we escalate this issue? 
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 03/Apr/2009 at 4:19pm

Pick up the phone and call the company secretary. I did the same to a large cap and a very small cap this week and it did work out quite well.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 05/Apr/2009 at 2:52pm
hmm..ok...thx
IP IP Logged
studentoflife

Quote studentoflife Replybullet Posted: 16/Jul/2009 at 5:44am
My email to First leasing company of India
Dear Mr.N.Kumar,

I have been an investor in your company since 2007 holding ***  shares through my Demat A/c No.****** maintained with ********

I have been following this company in greater depth and during the course of my research I was unable to get answers for the following questions either from the BSe/NSe website or from any of the reports that you have released.

I am listing my questions below and would be eager to have your reply as soon as  possible. In case it is inconvenient for you to reply by email I would also call up in a couple of days.

1) Non performing assets of the company are provisioned for.But I see that the pattern of writing it off or provisioning for them is not very clear. Could you please provide little detail of how it has changed over the years. For ex : March 2009 quarter provision was 803.70 lakhs.
Also can you please provide a breakup of the kind of Non performing assets and the chance of company exposure to similar assets in the future ?
2) Is there a possibility of the company expanding its operation in new regions or avenues?
3) Where do you see the market share of you future windmill operation compared to other companies? 
4) Your esteemed company is one of the earliest leasing companies in the India.Does that offer you any advantage and what is the edge it provides you over other peer companies in the same sphere?
5) What is you company exposure to software leasing ?
6) Why was the company's impressive dividend paying track record broken(reduced) this year?

I await your response to the questions indicated above
IP IP Logged
studentoflife

Quote studentoflife Replybullet Posted: 16/Jul/2009 at 5:48am
There was no reply.I called them up.Subsequently they replied.
But they are writing off previous years non performing assets this year.What do you make of it? Stern%20Smile
The company has reduced dividends by 45 paise .That saves around one crore for the company.How is that going to help?
Dear Sir,

We refer to your e-mail dated 28th June, 2009. Accordingly, we give our reply as follows.

1) In the earlier years, as per the Reserve Bank of India Directions, the company made provisions for Non-Performing Assets in the Profit and Loss account. This item was not allowed as an allowable expenditure under the Income Tax Act.  In view of this, the amount of non –performing assets are being written off as bad debts in the profit and Loss account and the provisions created in earlier years are being reversed to Profit and Loss Account.

2) The company has expanded its operations to Chandigarh .

3) The company is at present having its windmill operations at Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Gujarat. The income from the windmill operations for the year ended 31st March, 2009 has increased from Rs. 421.88 Lakhs to 436.26 Lakhs representing an increase of Rs. 14.38 Lakhs over the previous year.

4) As you are aware, First Leasing has been in the business of providing Lease, HP Financing etc to Bodies corporate for the past 35 years.  With the consistency in making profits, declaring dividends, efficient professional team and the ability to repay the deposits /debentures to public on due dates since its inception, the company is able to gain confidence in the market. These factors help us in mobilizing the required funds at the competitive rates from the financial market in comparison with other peer companies.

5) First Leasing exposure to software Leasing is about 7%of total exposure on lease financing.

6) The Board of Directors have recommended a tax free dividend of 18% on the equity shares of the company for the year ended 31-3-2009, in view of the prevailing global recession. The Board felt it necessary to conserve funds for future business operations in this uncertain environment of global economic crises especially at a time when the concept of leverage is under a cloud.

With thanks,

N.Kumar.

Edited by ramprakashs - 16/Jul/2009 at 5:55am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version