Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
Message Icon Topic: Query Board Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
garun1980

Online Status: Offline
Quote garun1980 Replybullet Posted: 10/Oct/2010 at 7:19am
Hi friends,

I am new here, joined this forum yesterday. I wanted your opinion on REC. I sold out half of my holdings in REC on October 8 at Rs.387. I do believe that the stock has potential, but also wonder whether it has run its course. The impending correction of 5-7 pct, which may or may not come, is also on my mind. I do want to hold this stock, but believe booking profits now and then helps in lowering the holding cost.

Should I cover this stock in the next few days? What is the outlook for this stock? Can some of the seniors advise me?

Regards
Back in school!!
IP IP Logged
new2investing
Groupie
Groupie

Quote new2investing Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 6:19pm

hi all,

i want to know if one can short sell stocks for more than one day? I tried short selling once but i had to square off my position the same day.  Is there some way to keep your short positions for a longer duration??? 
Learner...
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 7:15pm
F&o.........option for stocks are illiquid and in very few stocks are in futures too.
IP IP Logged
SimpleInv

Quote SimpleInv Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 12:12pm
I would like to hear your views on Zodiac clothing, Best casual shirts(z3) and party wear(ZOD). My personal opinion on few of the linen shirts is that they are as good as HUGO BOSS, if not better. very decent online store zodiaconline.com. Can't this be part of India consumption story?
IP IP Logged
garun1980

Quote garun1980 Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 12:18pm
I posted this query on REC and every time I get a notification I think its on REC. But from F&O to Zodiac ughh!!! BTW anything to with textile/esp retail textile is going one way..that is down..koutons..cantabil..irrespective of the fundamentals..i wouldn't venture there for now
Back in school!!
IP IP Logged
SimpleInv

Quote SimpleInv Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 9:50am
Zodiac is my query Arun :). I am holding REC since IPO days, it is a solid company.
IP IP Logged
garun1980

Quote garun1980 Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2010 at 9:57am
Yes sure agree..i have booked decent profits but have covered my position and gone overboard a bot on it so just trying to get some tech analysis perspective..i am not an expert on that..goin by the trend it may correct to 350 from the cmp of 380..so wondering whether i should sell out right now and purchase at a lower level..say in two months:)

like i said..stay out of textile for now..its the kouton's overhang..cantbil is gettign thrashed as well cos of that
Back in school!!
IP IP Logged
new2investing
Groupie
Groupie

Quote new2investing Replybullet Posted: 23/Nov/2010 at 7:14am
hi fellow teddies, i have the following query -
If one wants to open one more trading account with some broker other than his current one, then will a new demat account also be opened or will it be just 1 more trading account linked with the demat account he currently has?
Learner...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version