Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: The Equity Desk XI vs. The Indian Cricket XI(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 68 Next >>
shalukat

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 20/Aug/2011 at 12:44pm
Basantji, can we PLEASE have the representative list then. As a new member of TED Forum, I am relying on older posts to educate myself. Please let us know which stocks do you like from this older list and any other stocks. I know your views on Page and Hawkins and have invested in them as a long term investor.
Thanks
Shalu
IP IP Logged
kailasp4u

bullet Posted: 20/Aug/2011 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by basant

This is not a representative list so please do not look at it with that objective of course there are many that I like from this list but several of these names are stocks that I stopped liking some time back.

Basantji,
It would be helpful for all if you make it clear which stocks you have stopped liking. In this matter, I feel HIT is very clear in his posting. Whenever he changes his view for whatsoever reasons, he immediately posts it kick-starting the thinking process on those views. All teddies would appreciate if you could indicate such views or changes every quarter or when you feel there is some impacting change, internally or externally.
Nevertheless, we are grateful for sharing your knowledge.
knp
IP IP Logged
bitu1978

bullet Posted: 20/Aug/2011 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by kailasp4u

This is not a representative list so please do not look at it with that objective of course there are many that I like from this list but several of these names are stocks that I stopped liking some time back.

Basantji,

It would be helpful for all if you make it clear which stocks you have stopped liking. In this matter, I feel HIT is very clear in his posting. Whenever he changes his view for whatsoever reasons, he immediately posts it kick-starting the thinking process on those views. All teddies would appreciate if you could indicate such views or changes every quarter or when you feel there is some impacting change, internally or externally.

It would have been very easy for you to Conclude which stocks Basantjee has stopped liking in TED XI if you had attended Mumbai TED Meet .Baaki toh Guruji khud hi batayenge tohi accha hai.
IP IP Logged
kailasp4u

bullet Posted: 20/Aug/2011 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by bitu1978

Originally posted by kailasp4u

Basantji,

It would have been very easy for you to Conclude which stocks Basantjee has stopped liking in TED XI if you had attended Mumbai TED Meet .Baaki toh Guruji khud hi batayenge tohi accha hai.

I would have liked to attend the meet, but being in Kuwait it was not possible for me. I am awaiting transcripts, although it will not be equivalent to attending meet. From BM's comments, I could figure out his disliking to infra-proxies. I was actually expecting him to replace those stocks in TED-11 during Dec-2010 or Mar-2011 quarter review. But was negatively surprised. Probably my comment on it is also disliked by Basantji!
knp
IP IP Logged
shalukat

bullet Posted: 21/Aug/2011 at 7:17am
Basantji, please revert on my query. I would really like to know which are the stocks in the updated TED XI list? Thanks in advance.
Shalu
IP IP Logged
stock_surgeon

bullet Posted: 25/Aug/2011 at 11:19am
In my opinion, we should have an updated list because of the following reasons-
- Markets have corrected significantly
- Some of the sectors/stocks have corrected sharply, while some have not corrected at all
- We have a clearer picture of the long term outlook now
- Speculative positions have unwinded mostly- because of the falling markets, and SEBI requirements
IP IP Logged
TheMatador

bullet Posted: 31/Aug/2011 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by shalukat

Basantji, please revert on my query. I would really like to know which are the stocks in the updated TED XI list? Thanks in advance.

After being a member of TED for more than 1 year, and as far as I have understood Basantji's style of investing. Basantji continues to like Titan, Page, Hawkins, Zydus & HDFC Bank.

He is neutral on YES Bank, HDFC

And stopped liking Voltas, Voltamp, BlueStar & Thermax

This is what my gut feeling says.Clown

Edited by TheMatador - 31/Aug/2011 at 5:34pm
Keep digging...one day you will find the mineral beneath.
IP IP Logged
shalukat

bullet Posted: 13/Sep/2011 at 2:28pm
Thanks a lot.
Shalu
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 68 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version