Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Jim's message to the visitors at.theequitydesk.com Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
tigershark

Online Status: Offline
Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2007 at 6:56am
jim is no doubt a very great investor but pl read carefully what he had to say about india---india is a great place to travel but a lousy place to do business,the whole indian stock mkt is a big scam,and the indian govt prevents you from doing business you are running into a headwind i like to have a tailwind behind me.it would have been more appropiate had he said that between now and sometime in the future the indian mkt will correct violently.even if we do not have the thinking power of jim we also know that the statements he has made on india dont fall in place
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2007 at 9:23am
I think it is this part

"...a lousy place to do business,the whole indian stock mkt is a big scam,and the indian govt prevents you from doing business you are running into a headwind i like to have a tailwind behind me..."

which really made UM go wild! Wink

Bubble: if u agree with him on the above point, then arent you contradicting yourself - u(and all of us also) are supposedly also playing a part in the scam! Wink

My comments were not against the man himself - he has had a great history, no doubt about that - but against what he specifically said yesterday on CNBC on the indian market scenario.

Edited by investor - 03/Jul/2007 at 9:24am
The market is a place where people with money meet people with experience.
The people with experience get the money while people with money get experience!
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 03/Jul/2007 at 11:38am
Originally posted by BubbleVision

I have NOT seen the video and Dont have any intensions of seeing it either. Jim has made money and has made it to "Market Wizards" list by Hard Work and descipline and its the performance only which counts. 

Mr UM dosent even get a chance to host sitting along side "Maria".

Investor - What Rogers said may be dosent make sense today, but could make sense 10-Years later!

Bubble,
There are two sides to every coin.  Please have a look at the video before making a judgement.  UM made his comments in the context of specific remarks passed by Jim Rogers in this clip and not on his investing career.
His comments on India sound like " sour grapes " to me.

Edited by Mohan - 03/Jul/2007 at 11:41am
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 04/Jul/2007 at 12:14pm
This was also the point that i was trying to make.

bubble,
Your post has not been misunderstood, so dont worry! Tongue
i never take any posts personally - everyone should express their views -
after all, isnt that what this forum is all about? Cheers! Smile

Originally posted by Mohan

UM made his comments in the context of specific remarks passed by Jim Rogers in this clip and not on his investing career.
The market is a place where people with money meet people with experience.
The people with experience get the money while people with money get experience!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 05/Jul/2007 at 3:58pm
we will all have to invest in a very young woman whats the point in investing in someone whos 30-35 in 10 yrs she becoms45! sofind out the age correctly ---problem no woman will ever tell you her correct age

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, that's the problem.

According to an 'industry'-insider, Gay people will have grand time !

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 05/Jul/2007 at 8:46pm
Investors generally don't like if somebody tells them that mkt will go down. It is like 'Kill the messenger' story. TV Anchors' primary job is pumping. If investors start taking direction from TV anchors God Bless Them. They will never tell you two things. 1. Don't watch TV. 2. Don't buy shares.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Manish Dave jee

I read all your posts with great interest & care. The above paragraph is 100% true, without any doubt. Reminds of Buffet's "Never ask a Barber whether you need a hair-cut!"

My comments about Jim Rogers were in jest (which mostly is the only way I can communicate...that's a different problem, I'm trying to be serious!) & were not meant to offend.

Look, as he is highly opionionated & biased so are other people listening to him, aren't they?

IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 05/Jul/2007 at 10:19pm
Kulman...Where did ManishDaveJi made this comment?

I agree 100% with him.

You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 05/Jul/2007 at 10:23pm
His comments on this same thread couple of pages before.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version