Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Financial Planning and Investing Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
nannu_68

Online Status: Offline
Quote nannu_68 Replybullet Posted: 29/Jan/2010 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by joslinjose9

hi,

i have a home loan of 24 lakhs with hdfc.i have 5 lakhs as cash in hand.i am in a confused state wheather to repay the loan or invest in equity.i request TED members to share their views.waiting for reply.

If you can generate higher rate of return on your 5 lakhs, than what you are paying as interest on home loan, then dont repay loan. but if you cant generate that return then its best to repay loan. If i was in your shoes i would prefer investing 5 lakhs than repaying partial loan!
nannu
IP IP Logged
9StockPortfolio

Quote 9StockPortfolio Replybullet Posted: 29/Jan/2010 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by joslinjose9

hi,

i have a home loan of 24 lakhs with hdfc.i have 5 lakhs as cash in hand.i am in a confused state wheather to repay the loan or invest in equity.i request TED members to share their views.waiting for reply.

Loans achche hai.. rehene do, for tax purpose.

I believe every Rs.100 prepaid, is a lost of investing opportunity. By prepaying you will save 10% of interest. but 30% tax saving (whatever your tax bracket is) of that amount you are loosing. In addition, the prepaid amount can earn good long term returns if invested in the market.

Pursuit of Value
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 22/Feb/2010 at 9:33pm
Hi guys,
i have some idle money from the savings and i am clueless what to do with it.
I already have exposure to FD. I am not keen on investing more in FD. And i don't want to put all the idle money in markets. Is there any other option where i can put this and pull out (not necessarily the whole amount. but a part of it) when the market gives a very good opportunity to invest?
I know debt based Mutual funds. Is it a good option to invest in or should i consider the FD itself?
thanks
IP IP Logged
genieinvestor

Quote genieinvestor Replybullet Posted: 22/Jul/2010 at 1:18pm
Hi everybody

I have been an avid reader of this forum for some time now and really appreciate the knowledge and thought process of the contributors in this forum.

I need a little help from the experienced people out here. My mother is about to retire and has a retirement corpus to be used for investment purpose.
Can you help me out on how to go about this. The following points have to be considered:
1. Parents are low risk ppl, so as less exposure to equities and higher exposure to debt funds.
2. Investing in FDs and PF has already been done, so the remaining money has to be invested.
3. Since no more income now, should I include some funds which will give them monthly returns to be used for their everyday usage.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
pkumar

Quote pkumar Replybullet Posted: 22/Jul/2010 at 3:23pm
Hi  genieinvetor

If you are done with FD's and PF try something from Post Offioce like MIS and Senior Citizen Saving scheme.
If they can take little bit of risk go for FMP's and MIP's from a good fund house.
IP IP Logged
pkumar

Quote pkumar Replybullet Posted: 22/Jul/2010 at 3:24pm
Deleted

Edited by pkumar - 22/Jul/2010 at 3:55pm
IP IP Logged
genieinvestor

Quote genieinvestor Replybullet Posted: 22/Jul/2010 at 11:43pm
Hi Pkumar

Can u elaborate on the Senior Citizens saving scheme, and FMPs.
Also any suggestions regarding good MIPs from people who have made use of any of the schemes.
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 23/Jul/2010 at 9:31am
@genieinvestor sorry. i dont have a good answer for your original query
As for MIP, I am happy with HDFC MIP.  I think Reliance MIP is also good (I have not invested in Reliance MIP).

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version