Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: Strategy to be used by a fresh graduates Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
kulman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 1:14pm
The financial calculator that you are required to buy at the first level teaches you things that a person would normally have never learnt. It changes the perspective altogether. I keep that fiancial calculator with me every time.It is kind of a magic toy!

-------------------------------------------------

Basant jee

Please let us know the make, model number & approx price of that Toy.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 1:17pm
The one that I have is Texas instrument BA II plus whereas you can get Casio ones alos. the fomer cost me Rs 3000 while the Casio ones cost around Rs 2000. Both work as effectively as each other.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 1:23pm
Thanks

By the way, does it have "Leverage" function?Shocked
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
manishkayal

Quote manishkayal Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by basant

But the problem is they require 3 years of relevant (investment banking/finance) work experience before you are awarded your CFA charter.But for anyone wanting  a toe hold in this industry Int. CFA is the ultimate thing.

Want to correct Basantji here....Its 4 year of relevant Indsutry Experience...for which they have a list of areas on which you should work on. Audit / Articleship is not counted in it.

The financial calculator that you are required to buy at the first level teaches you things that a person would normally have never learnt. It changes the perspective altogether. I keep that fiancial calculator with me every time.It is kind of a magic toy!

True Basantji....it is a Magic toy for sure.....though it takes time to learn how to operate it inititally...but once you know it...then its a computer on hand with us....calculate EMI, IRR, and what not.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by kulman

Thanks

By the way, does it have "Leverage" function?Shocked

The fact that you have bought a calculator means you are no longer belong to the Lal pariwaar!

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
b_kothari2001
Groupie
Groupie

Quote b_kothari2001 Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 11:57pm
Basantji,

As I know for appearing in CFA level 1 (From USA one), 16 years of eduction will also work.
It means if you have Master degree or Engineering degree from India, it should work.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Bharat

Originally posted by nikhil090

thanks for the info. that may be helpful for me also if I get to move in my desired area.

But the problem is they require 3 years of relevant (investment banking/finance) work experience before you are awarded your CFA charter.But for anyone wanting  a toe hold in this industry Int. CFA is the ultimate thing.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 9:09am
YOu are correct 12+4 makes 16. But are you contemplating getting into this?
IP IP Logged
b_kothari2001
Groupie
Groupie

Quote b_kothari2001 Replybullet Posted: 04/Mar/2007 at 10:34am

Basantji,

My wife is preaparing for the same & will appear in June Exam.

Cheers,
Bharat
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 14 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version