Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Fundamental
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Fundamental
Message Icon Topic: TED & how it influenced my investing Strategy Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
prosperity

Online Status: Offline
Quote prosperity Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2007 at 5:16pm
Thanks for your views but if you think that "Yes men"  impress/attract me then again there is difference in opinion but it does not matter really. Thanks for your feedback though!!!
--------------------------------------

Well, "Yes men" has TWO meanings !! LOLLOL 

Yes !!
Ek woh jo aapki haan mein haan kare Aur
Dusre woh ho Yes per bank kare !!
LOLLOL 

Edited by prosperity - 20/Oct/2007 at 5:18pm
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2007 at 5:42pm

Originally posted by basant

Thanks for your views but if you think that "Yes men"  impress/attract me then again there is difference in opinion but it does not matter really. Thanks for your feedback though!!!

Basant sir is only attracted to "Yes Bank" and not "Yes men"Tongue. And that too as long as Yes Bank keeps ROA above 1.3%.LOLLOL

Btw prosperity jee, everyone(new/oldies) on TED has a chance of expressing his opinion fully(no matter wht it is), without being rejected by others permanently if others differ.

Everyone on TED has an equal say and equal respect from each other...but even though one person may not ask for it I think we should give him a bit more respect, recognition and "benefit of doubt" than we give to each other. He after all founded a platform and then gave it a solid base and keeps cementing that base, standing on which we are at least able to discuss/shout/share WITH each other.

It's called a simple word: gratefulness.

This post is meant as much for me, as for everyone else and is NOT(NEVER) directed at anyone personally.

Edited by omshivaya - 20/Oct/2007 at 5:43pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
ashishbarot
Groupie
Groupie

Quote ashishbarot Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 7:01pm
I have learned lots of things from TED, and still many things to come.

But whenever i remember TED it comes with basant sir, thanks a lot Boss..
You do not require an invitation to make profits.
IP IP Logged
chic_1978

Quote chic_1978 Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 7:27pm
Hi Ashish,

Welcome on board.....njoi investing ....

happy & wise investing
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by ashishbarot

I have learned lots of things from TED, and still many things to come.

But whenever i remember TED it comes with basant sir, thanks a lot Boss..

Thank you for your kind words. We are all learning the art of making and keeping money. Aren't we?Smile
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
sunlight
Groupie
Groupie

Quote sunlight Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 8:51pm
This site changed the way I invest.. I used to chase IFCI, RNRL, Nagarjuna Fertilizer before I saw the website and learnt about fundamentals.  I quit those stocks and returns to fundamentals based on reasoning and discussion from this website. I feel my money is safer and continue to grow in a 'BlueStar' rather than an 'IFCI'.

TED is a great gift from Basantji to all new indian investors.
IP IP Logged
India_Bull

Quote India_Bull Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 8:55pm
Topic: TED & how it influenced my investing Strategy.
Posted: Today at 8:51pm By sunlight
This site changed the way I invest.. I used to chase IFCI, RNRL, Nagarjuna Fertilizer before I saw the website and learnt about fundamentals.  I quit those stocks and returns to fundamentals based on reasoning and discussion from this website. I feel my money is safer and continue to grow in a 'BlueStar' rather than an 'IFCI'.

TED is a great gift from Basantji to all new indian investors.
Very well said Sunlightjee...I am a gr8 fan and follower of TED.
India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2007 at 10:10pm
Let me pen down for what changes i have experienced under the influence of TED:

1. To a great extent isolated from the market noise
2. Able to move to a concentrated portfolio (to an extent) from my original holding of 80+ stocks
3. Having been able to concentrate on all the news and happening related to the stock held by me
4. Not much affected by movement of market in general
5. Have been able to hold good and fundamentally strong stocks for reasonably long period as against the so called earlier investing style which used to be more of trading
6. Thanks to very sharp and meaningful comments from Basantji throwing light on the likely way forward and leaving us to make our own decision
7. Kulmanji is stress burster but that is a positive side effect of his medicine. The main benefit is the learning from the timely/ well edited quotes/ articles from masters. I personally learnt from him of making write up more meaningful and easy to underatnad by using good combinations of colours and fonts.
8. Personally learnt a lot from catcall about infrastructure comapnies

And ofcourse list is endless about what we get from members like omji, smartcat, bubbleji, mohanji, chinkiji and at times from vivekji (not TO mention about manishdave, as that learning goes beyond even TED)

I BELIEVE THESE LEARNINGS ARE TIME INDEPENDENT BE IT BULLISH/ BEARISH MARKET.

Edited by us121 - 29/Oct/2007 at 10:10pm
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version