Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: An Ideal Mutual Fund Portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 33 Next >>
smartcat

Online Status: Offline
Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 03/Jun/2007 at 11:40am

Just kidding. I think I am responsible for the hijack LOL

The only JM fund I like right now is JM Equity & Derivative Fund. This is an arbitrage fund and has been giving 7% per annum, almost risk free. I park some of my surplus funds here, instead of parking it in liquid funds.

Banks account for a large percentage of JM Fin Sector Fund - so I'm assuming it will go through phases of low or negative returns.
IP IP Logged
xbox

Quote xbox Replybullet Posted: 04/Jun/2007 at 12:36pm
JM Fin Sector Fund
-----------
Corpus of 5 Cr tells the story. Some of the better targets are UTI or Reliance Banking sector fund.
One similar note.. Avoid sector fund unless one get at bargain prices. I started picking pru ICICI service Industries fund which brings many in one..media, telecom, IT, banking, financial, retail etc etc. 
Don't bet on pig after all bull & bear in circle.
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 05/Jun/2007 at 10:33am
JM Fin MF ups stake in Clutch Auto to 5.5%.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 20/Jun/2007 at 10:38pm

I received Centrum newsletter for this month and was amazed by Standard Chartered Premier Equity Fund. Although,they manage 200crs only,their portfolio looks fabulous!

They hold Educomp,TV18,Pantaloon Retail,ENILGBN,Vimta Labs, Maharashtra Seamless from our Emerging companies thread.Suzlon from Large Cap.Only negative holding aviation stocks.

Deep Industries is the top holding of the fund.Whats so special about this company.

Cash is just 1.81%.Great!

Bullish on Media.Here's a quote from today's interview to CNBC:
"Within media we have electronic media. We think advertising spends will get re-rated away from press towards electronic media, which is a trend globally."

Other stocks also looks interesting like Page Industries,Deccan Chronicle,CBOP,Blue Dart,Areva T&D...

Full interview here:

This is the fund to watch out for,being managed by Kenneth Andrade.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
smartcat

Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 20/Jun/2007 at 12:17pm
That's a strange coincidence. I have a strong feeling Kenneth is one of this forums 'guests'!

Didn't UBS acquire Stanchart MF? I wonder why they are still using the old name.
IP IP Logged
PrashantS

Quote PrashantS Replybullet Posted: 20/Jun/2007 at 1:01am
Well how about these

DSPML Tiger ..i think its performance is similar compared to Reliance vision and the new fund DSPML smal and midcap fund....and HDFC TOP 200...all these funds have proved to be better than the other funds since last june
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 20/Jun/2007 at 9:37am
Yes, the Tiger has been doing well both in Goa and in Mumbai! They have been aggressive with their stock picks and (Anup) Maheshwari is a smart manWink
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
mragarwal
Groupie
Groupie

Quote mragarwal Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 1:52am
Hi All,

Can someone please tell me which fund would be the best for a time frame of 3-5 years. Its basically for an NRI friend who refuses to invest in Equities. I was considering Sandip Sabharwal, Quantum, and other funds.. but cant decide.

Edited by mragarwal - 27/Jun/2007 at 1:04pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 33 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version