Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: Certified Financial Planner - CFP Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Sep/2007 at 2:29pm
Int Cfa is the best.MS finance is ok for knowledge but that degree will be unable to fetch salaries in the amrket.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
mail2anilsoft

Quote mail2anilsoft Replybullet Posted: 06/Jun/2009 at 12:51pm
Hey!,
I am new here and would like to say "Hallo" to all.
I am working in SMC global,New Delhi as an MIS Officer and want to build career in finance.I am a B.Sc.(Bio)and having PGD in comp science(DOEACC "A" Level).My birth year is 1980.Right now I am getting very low salary.
What I do to build my career in finance.Please guid me.What about CFP, CFA, NCFM..I realy very much confused. 

IP IP Logged
TCDS

Quote TCDS Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 11:20am
Basant Sir,
Pls share your feedback on correspondence MBA from ICFAI.
Also, what would u recommend for further studies to a person with Medical background presently working RELIGARE (since few yr) and having good fundamental and technical knowledge on equity mkt.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Jun/2009 at 11:22am
Its ok for knowledge but that will not guarantee you a job. Correspondence MBA means very little if you want to monetize that degree but it is a good supplement to your existing Resume.

Why not look at a part time evening MBA instead?

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
desaipurvesh

Quote desaipurvesh Replybullet Posted: 23/Jul/2009 at 12:03pm

Hey All

I have started with the CFP course abt 6 mths back and let me tell you its immensely useful in all areas of life. Be it personal finance planning to working in a firm, managing portfolios, or clearing job interviews.

CFP, i feel, is far better than CA or CS. I have seen many ca's n cs who after completing the course and being so qualified cant even answer the basic questions abt investment planning like CAGR, Jensen, sharpe, capital market line etc.

This course is highly recommended to all.

Pd
IP IP Logged
samiift

Quote samiift Replybullet Posted: 07/Aug/2009 at 10:01am

Dear Sir,

I want to start equity research advisory business in India. It would only provide consultancy on equity investment opportunities and NOT manage portfolio like Portfolio Management Services (PMS)/Mutual Funds (MF's). I already have an MBA (Finance) and have 6 years experience in banking. My experience was not directly related to equity research. I would like to know; for professionally starting this business, do I need any certification/license from SEBI or any other government body? I am aware about certification courses by All India Mutual Fund Association (AMFI), Certified Financial Planner (CFP), NFCM Certification for depositary participants. However feel that I don't need any of these courses for knowledge purpose. I am only looking for any certificate that would give me license/ authorization to conduct this business legally. I can't exercise the option to open PMS by registering with SEBI due to high net worth criteria requirement. Would appreciate your suggestion on this. Thanks. 
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 07/Aug/2009 at 11:22am
If you are trying to sell subscription then I presume no mandatory certification is necessary but for a pms one needs to have a sebi registration. Please check up on this since my information is unconfirmed.
IP IP Logged
samiift

Quote samiift Replybullet Posted: 10/Aug/2009 at 12:22pm
Basant Ji, you have been a source of guidance....many thanks...I'll check on this information....
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version