Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: The Equity Desk XI vs. The Indian Cricket XI(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 68 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 5:14pm
Now I want to know this Who is the Bradman? I could not find any.May be an Infosys. never short on guidance. But we had one Bradman for the total 20th century not sure if we could remember Infy that long.

Edited by basant - 30/Sep/2006 at 5:16pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
reetesh

bullet Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 5:25pm
I knew sir you will ask about Bradman? This is tough thats why I gave it a pass but now when you have asked this question then we need to came out with someone, INFY is in a way Bradman already, but we need to look at emerging Bradman that is very very difficult job.
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
reema
Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 10:52pm
Now why not Bollywood XI - HDFC could be AMitabh Bachchan HDFC Bank Jaya Bachchan and the stock that does goes nowhere (comedian) after 5 years could be Johny Walker the one that loses 50% could be our villain the old Prem Chopra and the one that has mommentum and the crowd runs after could be a vamp etc etc.

You should try to add wealth not multiply it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

bullet Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 10:25am
We will keep it to the cricket field. Now who could be the Azharuddin, Jadeja and Nayan Mongia or Hansie Cronjnie .My arguments Essar, Videocon, CESC, Duncans, Everready etc.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

bullet Posted: 30/Sep/2006 at 10:35am
And one should never have INZY in his team, he scores but makes other good players get run-out!

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
kulman

bullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 11:03pm
Reema jee mentioned about Bollywood XI, and there is a news item on similar lines in ET today:

Filmy, part of the Sahara group is set to launch the Filmy Stock Exchange today. Says Ashutosh, the business head of Filmy, “We wanted to start a parameter to reflect the mood of the crowds.”
Filmy Stock Exchange gives 30 top actors an initial share value. The participants are given 1000 bucks of virtual money when they register, which initially will be free.
The cost to the participants is incurred when they trade over the phone or SMS. Participants can then build a portfolio of stars that they can afford in their initial budget. For instance Shah Rukh seems to be the most valued at Rs 700.
---------------------------------------------------
I really am at loss of words to react to this news item.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

bullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 11:19pm
I always thought that the movie guys were creative but this creativity was just one step ahead for me.
IP IP Logged
reetesh

bullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 3:01am
Now why not Bollywood XI - HDFC could be AMitabh Bachchan HDFC Bank Jaya Bachchan and the stock that does goes nowhere (comedian) after 5 years could be Johny Walker the one that loses 50% could be our villain the old Prem Chopra and the one that has mommentum and the crowd runs after could be a vamp etc etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reema, you forgot his son, HDFC=Amitab, HDFC BANK=Jaya, Gruh Finance=Abhishek, but if this be the case I`ll not buy any of them, I hate them.
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 68 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version