Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Annual reports - Reading, Understanding and Discussing.
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Annual reports - Reading, Understanding and Discussing.
Message Icon Topic: TTK Prestige - Analysis of 2010 Annual Report Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
subu76

Online Status: Offline
Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 20/Sep/2010 at 3:28pm
1. Personally one point i'm confused about is what Hawkins means by Others in the Raw Material usage section. If i ignore that confusion I think for Hawkins the point is bang on......Though i did not get your point about top line growth on that thread.   

2. But the other point to consider is that do we have another 4-5% yield company which has the same quality as hawkins.

I don't find even one which is remotely close in the entire market.

Edited by subu76 - 20/Sep/2010 at 3:33pm
IP IP Logged
KACHAM

Quote KACHAM Replybullet Posted: 20/Sep/2010 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by subu76

1. Personally one point i'm confused about is what Hawkins means by Others in the Raw Material usage section. If i ignore that confusion I think for Hawkins the point is bang on......Though i did not get your point about top line growth on that thread.   

2. But the other point to consider is that do we have another 4-5% yield company which has the same quality as hawkins.

I don't find even one which is remotely close in the entire market.

How abt Castrol?
Jai Telangana, Jai Jai Telangana
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 20/Sep/2010 at 7:17pm
What is Castrol's non special dividend yield?
IP IP Logged
nav_1996

Quote nav_1996 Replybullet Posted: 20/Sep/2010 at 8:16pm
Castrol should match last year's special div this year. Last year it was 12.5/share (adjusted for bonus). They have already paid 7/share as interim div. They should definitely pay about 5/share as final div. But also look at the PE. Growth is captured in PE. But it is likely to hold in corrections. It is most likely to have time corrction (holding same value for 2-3 Qs) rather than value correction.
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 20/Sep/2010 at 9:59am
Thanks for clarifying. Might have been a good idea for the company to have not called it out as a "special" dividend then....
IP IP Logged
nav_1996

Quote nav_1996 Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2010 at 1:51pm
They want to play safe
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2010 at 7:23pm
Q: Can you give us some sense of the numbers of growth you saw and the growth you will see in terms of volumes of sales, you have seen a 30% compounded annual growth over the last 2-3 years and what do you see from hereon, how much better will FY11 be over FY10 and likewise the next two-three years for which you can see visibility?

A: A 30% compounded growth rate is by no means small on a continuous basis. As you rightly said we have done that in last two years, we will continue to be planning to do that, I am pretty sure in FY11 we will scale the 30% again. We are already planning for FY12 to see how to repeat it and our objective is to try and grow between 25% and 30% compounded in the next decade.

If they can do it how many baggers is this. Almost 99% of stories end in 5 years and few like INFY create humongous wealth

Edited by chimak10 - 21/Sep/2010 at 7:25pm
IP IP Logged
nav_1996

Quote nav_1996 Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2010 at 8:10pm
Someone claimimg to grow at 25-30% for a decade. You have to take it pinch of salt. Or person may be missing the effect of compounding. At 25% it will be 9 times and at 30% it will be more than 13 times.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version