Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies :Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
Message Icon Topic: From global warming to global cooling.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5
BubbleVision

Online Status: Offline
Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 26/Mar/2008 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Janak.merchant1

Yes I am interested.  Bubble. Do u have any parti insights that we shud know? For our investment decisions?

Best wishes,

JM

Great! However, I dont know how can you gain from a "Global Warming Hoax" LOL
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
Mohan

Quote Mohan Replybullet Posted: 26/Mar/2008 at 9:25am
Originally posted by BubbleVision

Originally posted by Janak.merchant1

Yes I am interested.  Bubble. Do u have any parti insights that we shud know? For our investment decisions?

Best wishes,

JM

Great! However, I dont know how can you gain from a "Global Warming Hoax" LOL

Bubble, You would make a wonderful Republican if you were American.
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 05/Apr/2008 at 3:40pm

Mahabaleshwar gets first frost, in summer!

Pune: Normally one expects to sweat it out in April but the effects of climate change were visible at the hill station of Mahabaleshwar early on Friday morning as it donned a mantle of frost.

According to residents, a part of Venna lake and nearby areas were affected. “A layer of frost could be seen on the fruits at the vegetable market in Mahabaleshwar. Other parts near Venna lake too saw some frost,” said Afrid Bhiwandiwala, a hotel owner, adding that normally they
saw such conditions only in winter. This is something new, he remarked.

Taxi-driver Vilas Ugale said strawberry saplings near the lake were covered with frost. “We normally don’t witness this kind of situation in summer. But this year, things seem to be different. For the last two or three days the temperature has dropped significantly and we feel cold during the day as well as the night,” he said.

Meanwhile, other parts of the state also witnessed lower minimum temperatures

Link: here

Edited by kulman - 05/Apr/2008 at 3:40pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Janak.merchant1

Quote Janak.merchant1 Replybullet Posted: 05/Apr/2008 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by kulman

[quote]

Mahabaleshwar gets first frost, in summer!

Pune: Normally one expects to sweat it out in April but the effects of climate change were visible at the hill station of Mahabaleshwar early on Friday morning as it donned a mantle of frost.

According to residents, a part of Venna lake and nearby areas were affected. “A layer of frost could be seen on the fruits at the vegetable market in Mahabaleshwar. Other parts near Venna lake too saw some frost,” said Afrid Bhiwandiwala, a hotel owner, adding that normally they
saw such conditions only in winter. This is something new, he remarked.

Taxi-driver Vilas Ugale said strawberry saplings near the lake were covered with frost. “We normally don’t witness this kind of situation in summer. But this year, things seem to be different. For the last two or three days the temperature has dropped significantly and we feel cold during the day as well as the night,” he said.

Meanwhile, other parts of the state also witnessed lower minimum temperatures

Link: here

It rained heavily with lots of thundering in Ahmedabad yesterday. Climate was cold there. Global Warming is the alarming change.

I love my money, not my opinion. So i am ready and willing to change my opinion for the sake of protecting my money.
IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2008 at 7:35pm

Hunters Worry About Global Warming

WASHINGTON (AP) - Global warming could force elk and mule deer from much of the American West. Wild trout could disappear in lower Appalachian streams. Two-thirds of the country's ducks may disappear.

A new assessment of the threat to fish and wildlife habitat has hunters and anglers calling for action.

You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 28/Aug/2009 at 9:16pm
Charlie Munger had said during Wesco meeting this year that people should listen to Freeman Dyson and not Al Gore. Freeman Dyson is a famous physicist who is skeptical of man's affect on global warming.

A conversation with physicist and mathematician Freeman Dyson on Charlie Rose's Show can be seen/downloaded here: Video download

Edited by kulman - 28/Aug/2009 at 9:20pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version