Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Large Cap Blue Chips
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Large Cap Blue Chips
Message Icon Topic: Jindal Steel & Power: Merchant Power play Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
smartcat

Online Status: Offline
Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 19/Aug/2009 at 7:28pm
Oh, they just lost $6.4 billion in a quarter - small change really. Citibank loses that kind of money in a week.
IP IP Logged
Hitesh Shah

Quote Hitesh Shah Replybullet Posted: 04/Sep/2009 at 7:39pm
Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. has informed the Exchange that the shareholders of the Company have, in their Extra-Ordinary General Meeting held on September 04, 2009 approved issuing of 5 bonus shares of Re. 1/- each on every existing equity share of Re. 1/- each. Further, the Company had informed the Exchange regarding the closure of the Register of Members and share transfer books of the Company from September 16, 2009 to September 17, 2009 for determining the eligibility of shareholders for payment of dividend for the year 2008-09. The Company has now informed the Exchange that the Book Closure dates as mentioned above shall be treated as applicable for determining the eligibility of shareholders for : (1) Payment of dividend for the year 2008-09; and (2) Issue of Bonus Shares.
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 07/Sep/2009 at 10:00am
I wish I had bought JSPL @ around 2100 but my critieria of not buying stock above 15kcrs market cap didn't allow me to do the same.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
rapidriser

Quote rapidriser Replybullet Posted: 07/Sep/2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by deveshkayal

I wish I had bought JSPL @ around 2100 but my critieria of not buying stock above 15kcrs market cap didn't allow me to do the same.

Curious to know how you arrived at this figure of 15k crores. Why not 10k or 20k (or even 14k or 16k).

Also does that mean that if you get another chance to buy L&T or Infosys at P/E <10, you would still pass it by?
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2009 at 1:05pm
Large caps will at best be a market performer. Earnings won't grow above 20%. My definition of large cap is market cap > 15k crs.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 15/Sep/2009 at 9:46am
It seems like Jindal Power IPO will be valued at a market cap of around 30,000crs.
IP IP Logged
Crimsonarcher

Quote Crimsonarcher Replybullet Posted: 15/Sep/2009 at 10:47am
At this rate you would never invest in a reliance or hdfc which have been growing earnings YOY at 20-30% for the last 15 years+. Earnings growth has nothing to do with mktcap, but with the opportunity available.
IP IP Logged
deneb

Quote deneb Replybullet Posted: 09/Jan/2010 at 1:01pm
Is anybody valuing JSPL currently for long term? A visit to their website will leave you amazed Pinch. Because everything is so beautifully integrated.But the question is the project implementation risk to high.

Regards

Edited by deneb - 09/Jan/2010 at 1:03pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version