Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Bangalore Property Prices! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
kulman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by basant

Bull markets make all of us look very smart but it is the bear market that is a test of our smartness, bull markets are like an open book test in school.

That's a nice little reminder.

But Sir Jee even in this Bull Market many day-trading Mungerilals are unable to pass the tests inspite of it being a open book....the reason is that they carry the wrong book each day.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
PrashantK

Quote PrashantK Replybullet Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by kulman

Originally posted by basant

Bull markets make all of us look very smart but it is the bear market that is a test of our smartness, bull markets are like an open book test in school.

That's a nice little reminder.

But Sir Jee even in this Bull Market many day-trading Mungerilals are unable to pass the tests inspite of it being a open book....the reason is that they carry the wrong book each day.

Kulmanjee that was Grt one LOL

IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 12:25pm
surprisingly nobody talked about Mumbai. I read somewhere a flat was sold for 34Cr with no commercial value. 6 Acres of land went for 2700Cr. Lacs has not value? I see even Crs has no value here.

Basat wrote somehwere "What happened in West Will happen to India".
IP IP Logged
PrashantS

Quote PrashantS Replybullet Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 1:13am
people are borrowing more than they can afford... but the problem is people are pumping money form outside ...that is the NRIs ..couple of my cousins bought 2 houses each ..yes  two ..but in way they are doing the right thing right now coz if the $ goes to 35 bucks INR they are gaining a lot....may be we shud have a section to talk about property and people across he country and TEDs can share their view about the property around them.BUy sell or hold the property

btw Mumbai is expensive...they talk only in Khoka...no petis

Edited by PrashantS - 12/Dec/2007 at 1:13am
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 12/Dec/2007 at 9:16am
surprisingly nobody talked about Mumbai
-------------------------------------------------------------
Hardly any space left with good infrastructure. So you will keep hearing about new records being made every now and then. Govt.'s move to repeal ULCA will not affect prices. Even outskirts places like Navi Mumbai where residential prices are as high as 1.5cr. Pune prices are shooting bcoz of proximity thanks to Expressway. It makes sense to live in Rent in Mumbai.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
Brittany

Quote Brittany Replybullet Posted: 28/Jul/2008 at 8:55pm
Hopefully you can help with my question regarding real estate. I would like to invest my money into some property in India but have unfortunately no clue of the market. All I could find about property in India is this and I have no idea if the site is trustworthy or not. So if anyone could recommend some books or sites I should have a look on, I would be more than thankful.
The world is a book and those who don't travel read only a page.
IP IP Logged
smartcat

Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 29/Jul/2008 at 12:12pm
Brittany, are you an Indian national or have friends/relatives in India who can "keep an eye" on your real estate investment in India? Investing in real estate in India is not the same as real estate investing in USA or UK.

I would recommend that you invest in real estate mutual funds - they will be launched soon. Do a google search for 'Real Estate Mutual Fund India'.
IP IP Logged
Invest_in_India

Quote Invest_in_India Replybullet Posted: 29/Jul/2008 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by Brittany

Hopefully you can help with my question regarding real estate. I would like to invest my money into some property in India but have unfortunately no clue of the market. All I could find about property in India is this and I have no idea if the site is trustworthy or not. So if anyone could recommend some books or sites I should have a look on, I would be more than thankful.

Hi Brittany,

You can have a look at this website for all new & comin up real estate residential projects in India :

http://www.axiomestates.com/axiom/index.php

This website also quote total price of the property with all the features and other stuff. If you like any of the project from there then I would recommend you to contact the builder directly for the latest & real price( per sqft). Get their contact email id and send your query to them directly. Obviously you can always negotiate with the builder.

I would suggest you to buy directly from the builder rather than from any third party .

Edited by Invest_in_India - 29/Jul/2008 at 1:20pm
Cheers,
Raj

"Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be;
The future's not ours to see.
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be.
Que Sera, Sera!"
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic