Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Stock Synopsis
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Stock Synopsis
Message Icon Topic: ICSA - Next Big thing Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 54 Next >>
deepinsight

Online Status: Offline
Quote deepinsight Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2007 at 9:22pm

Rinku and Investor:

At what valuation would there "margin of safety"? at about 14 times trailing - valuations do not seem so expensive. with growth rate of more than 100% (last few quarters) PEG ratio would be .10 or .15 which would make this company CHEAP - the question for us is the growth and margins sustainable? And question 2 is this management trustworthy? If the answer to both of them is Yes - from an valuation perspective it could almost be time to back up the truck and buy Smile

"Investing is simple, but not easy." - Warren Buffet
IP IP Logged
Rinku

Quote Rinku Replybullet Posted: 24/Aug/2007 at 10:44pm

ICSA (India) gets a face lift on splitting face

ICSA (India) had jumped 6.05% to Rs 1508.50 at 14:28 IST after it scheduled its board would meet on 30 August 2007 to consider a stock-split.

The BSE Sensex, meanwhile, was up 218.61 points, or 1.53%, to 14,380.33.

On BSE, 30,818 shares of the scrip were traded. The stock had an average daily volume of 23,332 shares on BSE in the past one quarter.

ICSA (India) had touched a high of Rs 1524 and a low of Rs 1440 so far during the day. It had hit a 52-week high of Rs 1919 on 9 August 2007 and a 52-week low of Rs 665 on 7 September 2006.

The scrip of the software developer had outperformed the market in the one month to 23 August 2007, adding 7.67% as against the Sensex's 9.78% drop. It had also outperformed the market in the past three months, gaining 26.20% against the Sensex's 1.22% fall.

The company has an equity capital of Rs 7.96 crore. Face value per share is Rs 10.

At the current price of Rs 1508.50, the scrip trades at a PE multiple of 10.75, based on Q1 June 2007 annualised EPS of Rs 140.29.

ICSA (India) net profit rose 95.4% to Rs 23.92 crore on a 107% rise in sales to Rs 122.63 crore in Q1 June 2007 over Q1 June 2006.

The company focuses on the power sector and its activities include devloping software to monitor and control the transmission & distribution (T&D) losses. It has already implemented a number of projects to monitor and control power theft as well as systems for data acquisition.

IP IP Logged
ganeshbhandary

Quote ganeshbhandary Replybullet Posted: 28/Aug/2007 at 10:52pm
This is a gem of a stock. my holding is 20% of my portfolio i bought at average price of 750.if same growth rate persists going to be a multibagger of a lifetime.expected stock split announcement soon.
As a electrical and automation engineer i understand the importance of the segment in which it belongs.i already discussed about this long back in this forum.my stock pick based on deep study of its financials and demand for this segment
IP IP Logged
xbox

Quote xbox Replybullet Posted: 28/Aug/2007 at 5:43am
expected stock split announcement soon.
--------
Thanks Ganesh jee.
Don't bet on pig after all bull & bear in circle.
IP IP Logged
deepinsight

Quote deepinsight Replybullet Posted: 28/Aug/2007 at 8:42am
Originally posted by ganeshbhandary

This is a gem of a stock. my holding is 20% of my portfolio i bought at average price of 750.if same growth rate persists going to be a multibagger of a lifetime.expected stock split announcement soon.
As a electrical and automation engineer i understand the importance of the segment in which it belongs.i already discussed about this long back in this forum.my stock pick based on deep study of its financials and demand for this segment

Overall I would agree with your enthusiasm, lekeen,

a) Do you see any risk in its dependency of this one large contract in Sudan? I am worried if the company will be able to sustain its numbers.

b) Any views on what you know of the management?
"Investing is simple, but not easy." - Warren Buffet
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 29/Aug/2007 at 2:36pm
Is KLG Systel in similar areas as ICSA? Anyone tracking the same could post views/comparison.

Edited by kulman - 29/Aug/2007 at 2:38pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
tyler_durden

Quote tyler_durden Replybullet Posted: 29/Aug/2007 at 2:38pm
klg systel is a great concept...i was holding it for quite sometime....they re into major tie ups with state governements for energy saving projects....and stock had a great run up in past few months....it can be big but the way it had fallen in 2000 from 600 levels to 9 rs ...that made me worried...i made some money and got out....

------------------------------------------------------------------

KLG Systel Ltd on August 29, 2007 has announced that it has been awarded orders worth over Rs 67 crore from the Governments of Rajasthan and Haryana. The projects covered in this order include that of Revenue Management for power utilities and boosting the power infrastructure in the states of Haryana and Rajasthan. The Company shall, in the course of these project deployments, use its innovative SG61™ technology to reconcile and manage the power distribution in utilities. The Company has extensive experience and expertise in the Utilities business and will use state of art Project Management tools for timely execution of these projects. These projects are expected to be completed by March 2008. The Company is an IBM premiere Independent Software Vendor (ISV) in India and is also now certified by IBM for Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). SOA enables organization to build a scalable architecture capable of talking to legacy systems. The Company has been recently announced as an Independent Software Vendor by SAP and KLG’ S Vidushi (Utility Business Automation Software) has obtained Net Weaver Certification from SAP. The Company was also very recently awarded a SAP-IS Utilities order from Jamshedpur Utilities. The Company builds its strength from focus on deep domain knowledge from the grass root level and will be looking at leveraging the same for these projects. The Company has been working in the power sector for over 14 years, providing services for 5 million consumers across 8 utilities in India.           Date: 2007-08-29

Edited by tyler_durden - 29/Aug/2007 at 5:36pm
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
IP IP Logged
kaizenbudhi
Groupie
Groupie

Quote kaizenbudhi Replybullet Posted: 30/Aug/2007 at 7:37am
UBS again bought 40000 shares on 28th august.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 54 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version