Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: The Equity Desk - Report card Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 9:30pm
Divide into all 3.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 11:29pm
Ah-ha. Thanks a bunch. At Pantaloon(1800), Educomp(600) and TV18(700). Divided equally? Even though you say TV18 will give best returns in 3 years from here?

Just clearing things up, please dont take otherwise! Thanks
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 11:33pm
event risk is what worries me from being invested in one co. otherwise out of these tv18 is best at the moment .
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 11:45pm

Well, I think I'll put majority in Pantaloon and rest divided half in educomp and tv18, since i already have some part into it although my first purchase price of educomp was 682 . After the new purchase, should come down to around 660. TV18 was initially 600 and average purchase price after the new purchases should go to about 640. Pantaloon would try getting in around 1800-1850.

So,fingers crossed. And after I get them, I shall update my portfolio page Basant ji. TCS %age would have come down quite a bit from before, but still would be a majority holding.

Edited by omshivaya - 28/Oct/2006 at 11:54pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/Oct/2006 at 10:24am

See as I have said before that I generally buy stocks when they are making their sideways consolidation rather then on break out. The risks increase with each additional rupee that we pay for a given set of fundamentals.Now we can always argue that if we are looking at the longer term picture how does it matter if we buy at Rs 600 or Rs 705. But the point is that at Rs 605 we could have bought 16% more quantity of TV 18 then at Rs 705 and that helps.

Similarily with Educomp we initiated the discussion at Rs 377 but members became interested as it reached crazy valuations of Rs 800. That is because we had let the price movement add to our confidence. When ever a stock that we track starts to move we get more confident on the same whereas it should be the other way round because the risks increase with rise in price. If a stock comes out with better results then we could get confident not when the price rises.

So at these valuations please wear your thinking cap and tread cautiously I am not saying that these companies are no good but that we as investors  need to identify the risks also. Now if you ask me what to do Buy or Sell I would have less idea also since we cannot predict markets and movements but we can at the same time think twice before investing at higher levels and that is what I am telling you to do.

Edited by basant - 28/Oct/2006 at 10:25am
IP IP Logged
RSS4245
Groupie
Groupie

Quote RSS4245 Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2006 at 1:54pm

Basant Sir,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate you  for this wonderful site providing loads of information on Indian stock markets.

As my investment horizon is about 5-8 years, i would request you to recommend  some multibaggers at current sensex level of  around 13000.

Thanks

FUNDOOSEARCH
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2006 at 6:49pm
You are abso. right as always Basant ji. I did the right thing of getting into TV18 despite it not moving up for along time. However, with Educomp, I was a bit anxious since I didnt understand its business model deeply. As soon as I understood it, I got in but it was already at 682. Luckily, market fell a bit so I didnt get in at 782 before that.

The next purchase I would initiate at 600 on Educomp, TV18 at 680-700 and Pantaloon ideally at 1800 but if not then maximum at 1850(seeing FY08 projected EPS).

IP IP Logged
vishal.sahay

Quote vishal.sahay Replybullet Posted: 29/Oct/2006 at 8:50pm

Mr. Basant,

After reading most of your posts (still a lot to go) I think you seen to be most bullish on Educomp, Aditya Birla Novu, Pantaloon Retail, TV18 and HDFC. But I have a confusion that among all the stocks I mentioned u r bullish on I think Educomp does not seem to be having a continous revenue generating business which can affect its cash flows which are must needed for CAPEX and business plans. Although, u have rightdly categorised that it is operating in a niche segment and would have direct benefit to it but I think it cant be a very long value generation. So, could you tell me whether I have got this into right direction.

Disclosure: HDFC 150@450
                  Aditya Birla Novu 50@500
                  Pantaloon Retail 150@500
                  TV18 100@686, bought after reading your posts  

Vishal
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version