Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
Message Icon Topic: Query Board Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
kneekill

Online Status: Offline
Quote kneekill Replybullet Posted: 04/Aug/2010 at 1:59pm
thanks LearningToFly  & anthropod  it is clear now. I an new to investing  and did not understand that face value is being termed as nominal share capital
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 2:21pm
Hi All,
I want to open a secondary demat account for in order to separate short term and long term investment. Can anyone suggest a good broker?
Note: I already have icicidirect and don't want to open one more with that. And I don't like reliance money.
Would appreciate if someone could suggest something
1) I am not bothered about high brokerage
2)It would be great if i can open the demat account with ought opening a bank account account with the broker
3)The UI should be good.
IP IP Logged
shivkumar

Quote shivkumar Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 5:03pm
HDFC Securities is quite good. But you will have to open an account with HDFC Bank.
IP IP Logged
pkumar

Quote pkumar Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 5:27pm
Also try Sharekhan (if any of your own has an account with them or could get a demo from their franchisee), they have a good UI and brokerage is also nominal.
Their UI is quite easy to use for a lay person.
"The news is always a mix of positive and negative. When markets decline, people point to the negative news; and when it increases, the positive news is emphasized." - Bob Farrell
IP IP Logged
Shadofax

Quote Shadofax Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 5:51pm
Dont know where to put this question ... so thought would put it here.

From the Ridham Desai Interview ET Now
link is here:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Interviews/You-cant-get-all-golden-eggs-in-a-single-day-Ridham-Desai-of-Morgan-Stanley/articleshow/6276344.cms?curpg=1

Kitna dum hai yeah argument mein. Without being stock specific.

1. Where is the level of greed, which is now there and it is there on evident basis in the consumption story. A very popular theme, but overstretched theme?

Ridham: Yeah. At the margin, you want to lighten up on consumption and favour investment. This is a very natural economic cycle. There is nothing odd about this. Economic cycles usually start with a recovery in consumption because interest rates are depressed, which allows consumers to start spending money and then it transitions to an investment cycle as capacity utilisation lives.

We are talking about, say, autos, we are talking about retail and consumer goods, durables. So that’s usually what kick starts a new economic cycle. So assume that in the third quarter of 2009 or may be not third quarter but second quarter of 2009, India’s economy dropped and then the recovery started. It was led by consumption. One thing which I will highlight here is that India has a very strong underlying income growth because we are structurally in a very different period now than what we were 10 years ago. So a young population that’s adding people to the workforce, drives income growth and it pushes consumption. So that’s what happened and interest rates were low. So consumption recovers, then capacity utilisation rises. So as consumption recovers, people produce more and capacity utilisation rises.

Good example is the auto sector where everybody is now approaching full utilisation rates and now looking to add capacity.

So when people start looking to add capacity, that’s when you want to buy the investment related stocks,
i.e.
- the industrials
- the companies that make capital goods
- the companies that make equipment

... those are the sectors that actually start doing well.

We want to start lightening up on consumption and buy investment and that should be pretty much the way you should position portfolios for the next 12 months.

<<Can people please express their views on this. It may be true that the a few stocks in the Consumption story will outperform, but do you subscribe to the overall above argument..>>

<<its Ridham >>

Edited by Shadofax - 09/Aug/2010 at 7:03pm
$
IP IP Logged
vijaygawde

Quote vijaygawde Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 6:48pm
Confused if the answer was by Ruchir or Riddham.

I have a great respect [Wink] to these two souls:

Shankar Sharma: He’s the kind of grim Oracle you can’t wish away. He’s the man who called the debacle that was 2008 much earlier than anybody else did.

2. Riddham Desai: He cannot be ignored at all. Last year, he argued the Sensex would move from 14,000 to 19,000. It almost, almost got there.

Originally posted by Shadofax

Dont know where to put this question ... so thought would put it here.

From the Ridham Desai Interview ET Now
link is here:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Interviews/You-cant-get-all-golden-eggs-in-a-single-day-Ridham-Desai-of-Morgan-Stanley/articleshow/6276344.cms?curpg=1

Kitna dum hai yeah argument mein. Without being stock specific.

1. Where is the level of greed, which is now there and it is there on evident basis in the consumption story. A very popular theme, but overstretched theme?

Ruchir: Yeah. At the margin, you want to lighten up on consumption and favour investment. This is a very natural economic cycle. There is nothing odd about this. ...........
Diversification is protection against ignorance, it makes little sense for those who know what they’re doing.
IP IP Logged
tejas.k

Quote tejas.k Replybullet Posted: 09/Aug/2010 at 11:35pm
thanks shivkumar and pkumar.
I have decided to go with hdfc securities.
IP IP Logged
kapil1301

Quote kapil1301 Replybullet Posted: 12/Aug/2010 at 1:04pm
Hi Seniors,

I have one query : From where I can learn that When the Dividends or Bonus stocks will be given to me.
Is their a way of knowing the date.
I get the details of Ex-Date from the BSE/NSE website but still cannot make out the date when the Dividends or Bonus shares will be actually creduted in my account.
Please if anybody has information about it.

Regards,
Kapil
Thanks
kapil
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version