Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: How to build your networth? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
prabhakarkudva

Online Status: Offline
Quote prabhakarkudva Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by kulman

A bubble like situation is getting created in LOAN AGAINST GOLD JEWELRY

Kulman ji,

Can you please elaborate on this?Some stocks like Mannapuram Gold finance have done quite well and as usual after having done well a lot of MFs are covering this stock.
Take your chances and keep them in a box until a quieter time.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 4:22pm
People are thinking that Gold can only go up from here (they may be right) and are borrowing against jewelry. The worse part is that majority of the proceeds are getting used in chasing 'speculative investments' like Calls, Puts and Futures.

May god bless them.

Edited by kulman - 18/Jan/2010 at 4:23pm
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by kulman

People are thinking that Gold can only go up from here (they may be right) and are borrowing against jewelry. The worse part is that majority of the proceeds are getting used in chasing 'speculative investments' like Calls, Puts and Futures.

May god bless them.

the irony of the matter is that a global recovery may spoil the party
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
9StockPortfolio

Quote 9StockPortfolio Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by TCSer

I have built up my entire capital by using leveraging.Remember to save 10 lacs it will take ages but u can easily get a loan of 10 lacs.

Me too, now i consider myself leverage free because i have generated more than what i borrowed. The total profit has been locked in the FDs.

Pvt. Banks offer loan at 17% monthly reducing for 4 years tenure. The effective flat rate comes around 9.6% pa. which I think quite good.

However if all the petty/personal loans could be collaterlized against primary home then effective interest rate comes around 4-6% pa and loan tenure is equal to home loan tenure. This will have two benefits. Returns from the market & Tax Benefit on interest paid on loan.

Keep It Short & Simple
Pursuit of Value
IP IP Logged
9StockPortfolio

Quote 9StockPortfolio Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 8:19pm
We are NOT advocating Leverage & Invest on this thread.
If properly used Leverage can make fortunes. it's a double edged sword.

Pursuit of Value
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by FutureBull

I am following simple strategy..by saving as much possible and investing with some short term trading..as mentioned by fellow boarders one needs to build handsome surplus to hang boots.. i think one needs at least Rs 5 Cr(without own home) to stay comfortable for times to come which would include kids' education, home loans and keep following one's passion i.e. "investing"..as an ordinary investor one might be required to keep good amount in liquid/debt form to take care of 3-5 yrs of expenses for bear run or other shocks...

I did use ready credit facility provided by Citibank for a month with almost negligible cost..i drew arnd 1 lac from that facility and bought Lupin in delivery after giving some thought(in fact wanted to buy futures of Yes Bank).. and i got shock when it went down by 5% next day but by end of month made around 12% and paid back to Citi on last day of the month with 0.8% gross cost including tax & fees which was supposed to be free..anyway i decided not to do it again .. i was very sure about Lupin as it was going through very strong rerating.. it might have gone wrong but my luck was good enuf..

I have decided not to use leverage until i'm 110% sure..
bottomline is your savings have to outlive you and earn a reasonable  risk adjusted return
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
TCSer

Quote TCSer Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 9:14pm
ICICI & HDFC Bank LAS accounts are offering interest rates@12% which is quite positive. 
IP IP Logged
Monkey

Quote Monkey Replybullet Posted: 18/Jan/2010 at 9:36pm
I am curious to know from anyone who was leveraged in Jan '08 about how the borrowings were handled and what was experience like.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version