Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: TheEquityDesk Report card Sep 2008 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
kulman

Online Status: Offline
Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by kaushalchawla

Originally posted by Jaishrikrishna

SEBI has announced a little relief on P Notes(ODI).

Is it relief actually?? Shouldnt P-notes be banned as per RBI?

It doesn't help much at this stage when there's outbound flight of capital & global liquidity crunch.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
romanov
Groupie
Groupie

Quote romanov Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 1:11am
Thanks Basant Sir,for this much awaited timely article,every word is full of logic and wisdom.

Originally posted by Vivek Sukhani

I have been on this forum for almost 2 years now, and what I am amazed at is that many people who used to claim they are so brave, seem to have been 'dumbed' by this carnage. There used to be so much exuberance on this forum and in the last 3-6 months, all seem to have vanished.

Vivek,I think there is still exuberance ...earlier it was in soliciting advice, now it's in receiving wisdom.

I think we need to Wait and Watch...Wait and Watch...Wait and Watch...Wait and Watch...Wait and Watch...for a very long time.It's always the same problem with Financial institutions,when one institution fails it creates a Dominoes effect and in turn pulls in other Banks also which were otherwise Sanguine.

IP IP Logged
India_Bull

Quote India_Bull Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 1:50am
Thanks Basantjee for the nice article.

I am with Valueman for anything against churning my portfolio at this stage !! There is no guarantee that the stock you buy will not fall 30-50 % down from this levels.(In fact my observation is people pull out money from the less fallen stks to the most butchered stocks during these times !!)

I always wonder when I see some channel and the expert advise to do profit booking when stock rises above a certain level. I wonder how many people are in profit (when the avg age of investor is 1-6 months in the market)when the stocks are hitting yearly lows !!
India_Bull forever Bull !
www.kapilcomedynights.com
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 5:57am
Where were you all this while? Surely churning out of stocks that have not fallen into the ones that are down a lot always comes with its associated problems.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kaushalchawla

Quote kaushalchawla Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 6:44am
Originally posted by kulman

It doesn't help much at this stage when there's outbound flight of capital & global liquidity crunch.

You are also giving importance to "short term thing" and not to "the right thing". Now thats strange!!
Warm Regards,
Kaushal
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 6:53am

Guys Lets hope for the better, There will be light at the end of the tunnel, just don't know how much long is the tunnel.

Actually the tunnel is a minefield of explosives but one still needs to walk across it. I am sure that in future we would look at these events like what we look back at April 2003.

Edited by basant - 06/Oct/2008 at 6:58am
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 7:26am

Originally posted by kulman

You are also giving importance to "short term thing" and not to "the right thing". Now thats strange!!

It is the SEBI who took this surpise action thinking that such measure would help the markets in short-term. My comment is on it.

IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2008 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Vivek Sukhani

The fact of the matter is, we have a lot to learn, and this is applicable to all members, even Basant Sir. The scale of learning required for senior members may be quite low, and for inexperienced and unknowledgeable investors like me, it will be quite quite high.....but everybody here needs to learn

I received e-mail this morning by someone who has survived 20+ years in markets. He has mentioned this:

Learning is about more than simply acquiring new knowledge and insights; it is also crucial to unlearn old knowledge that has outlived its relevance.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version