Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Portfolio Check Up
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Portfolio Check Up
Message Icon Topic: 1 Crore 1 Company - Which One ! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 31 Next >>
vasantcool

Online Status: Offline
Quote vasantcool Replybullet Posted: 09/Feb/2013 at 12:04pm
Thank you, friends.
My selection criteria (initial list of 70 to 8 now) has been simple. Not to lose money. Though past is no guarantee of the future, these companies do come up after a correction (whether 2009 or 2011) , have good management, distinct presence in their market and good increase in profit/revenue/revenue share.

I have bought some at reasonable prices and waiting for right time to enter in others. No hurry. I hope it will give better returns than buying an apartment.

Edited by vasantcool - 09/Feb/2013 at 12:05pm
Have fun!
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 09/Feb/2013 at 3:58pm
Manishji, PAGE has 200 dma around 3160 and Titan has 200 dma around 252.
Stocks which are in strong bull market are good buys at 200 dma bcz it is a very strong support.
Last time PAGE was around 200 dma was in 2009 !!

HDFC Bank when it dropped in 2011 and when you had accumulated it was near 200 dma which acted as a strong support and it then bounced back from that level..

Originally posted by manish_okhade

Yes, i still see HDFC Bank is a right price though and Page and TITAN if drop further then can be accumulated.

Edited by rohit1889 - 09/Feb/2013 at 3:59pm
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
DYNAMIC

Quote DYNAMIC Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by rohit1889

Manishji, PAGE has 200 dma around 3160 and Titan has 200 dma around 252.
Stocks which are in strong bull market are good buys at 200 dma bcz it is a very strong support.
Last time PAGE was around 200 dma was in 2009 !!

HDFC Bank when it dropped in 2011 and when you had accumulated it was near 200 dma which acted as a strong support and it then bounced back from that level..

Yes, i still see HDFC Bank is a right price though and Page and TITAN if drop further then can be accumulated.

Gentlemen, Somehow I dont't feel that investing should be based on Support Level/ 200 DMA Level.Forward P/E is better yardstick. Right time to invest in a Stock is when one is fully convinced in the Story and stock is available at reasonable PE.
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 11:33pm

Any guess how much was DMA for MARUTI when it was 1100-1150?
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 12:19pm
The DMA was around 1100 for Maruti. The stock traded below 1100 for a brief period, but I believe such stocks are a strong buy when the stock is in that region. They usually don't stay below 200 DMA for long...
Eg: Titan when it dropped to 150 in nov 2011, it went below 200 dma. But it was hovering around that region. And it bounced back and we all know the results.
I think 200 dma for fundamentally sound stocks shouldn't be seen as a single line but as a region +-10% of 200dma. It just helps you get a good entry point.

I believe in using technical analysis for only fundamentally sound stocks which I follow. Even if I go wrong, I can atleast hold it.

Any guess how much was DMA for MARUTI when it was 1100-1150?
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
kushal.masand

Quote kushal.masand Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 5:38am
I am surprised, no one has mentioned Yes Bank. One of the few banks, who came out of recession, significantly stronger. Have very good management. Is taking right steps, and as the management has made it clear, it wants to follow HDFC Bank and Wells Fargo.
Their profits, will keep on increasing with the decrease in their cost of funds, due to focus on CASA. They were among the first few banks to take advantage of Interest rate deregulation of savings bank accounts. I would have bet my 1 crore definately with Yes BANK.
Lets roll up our sleeves, and get to the work...
IP IP Logged
kushal.masand

Quote kushal.masand Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 5:42am
Other options, can be a sector specific mutual fund, with holdings 40% Pvt banks, 40% NBFC's and rest in PSB's. This is one sector which gives so many choices of above average companies, even after pruning those companies, which have significant risk due to changing RBI regulations.
Lets roll up our sleeves, and get to the work...
IP IP Logged
DYNAMIC

Quote DYNAMIC Replybullet Posted: 15/Feb/2013 at 6:26am
Originally posted by kushal.masand

I am surprised, no one has mentioned Yes Bank. One of the few banks, who came out of recession, significantly stronger. Have very good management. Is taking right steps, and as the management has made it clear, it wants to follow HDFC Bank and Wells Fargo.Their profits, will keep on increasing with the decrease in their cost of funds, due to focus on CASA. They were among the first few banks to take advantage of Interest rate deregulation of savings bank accounts. I would have bet my 1 crore definately with Yes BANK.

Yes Bank is doing good ,but IMHO one must look at their Infra Lending especially Road Sector
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 31 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version