Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: The Multibagger portfolio Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 41 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 1:01pm
I have put down my choice of the multibagger portfolio in the section The Equity Desk XI vs. The Indian Cricket XI
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
catcall

Quote catcall Replybullet Posted: 01/Oct/2006 at 11:10am

My best picks would be as below:

1) BHEL

2)Suzlon

3)Havell'sIndia

4)Patel Engg

5)L&T

The above stocks have been recommended due to the following reasons:
a)Clear Growth Visibility
b)Leadership in their areas
c)Part monopoly is thier own spheres (e.g.Patel Engg has mpnopoly is the sphere of micro tunneling in Inda)
d) Sector itself is likely to outperform the indix in the long run.

Meanwhile on TV 18, the comany directors including it's CFO has sold 1.25 lac shares in the open market. should one reac something into it?

IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 02/Oct/2006 at 10:26am
I would bet on Taneja. Industry is growing fast and this company is in several segments. It is partner with HAL in some projects.

Airbus/Boeing have obligation to buy aero components from India aginst their sale. This ensures growth of composit components. There are not lot many players so few of them will share the benifit.

IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 12:04pm
catcall,
do you think suzlon can be a multibagger even from current levels?
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 12:54pm

While I am not too sure of a ten bagger in Suzlon Energy the stock does have the potential to go up 3-4 times from these levels. The company is tripling capacity over the next two years and that should triple revenues - on plain arithmetic.

The market cap is very rich though but it is the growth that should take it up.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
kishan

Quote kishan Replybullet Posted: 03/Oct/2006 at 12:58pm
My Multibagger list would be ->

1) Aptech - Has been down for a while but turn around has been happening in past few quarter. Used its cash accumulates to buy a company. Its been rated as No.1 in chinese educatational system. If it does a foray into education like Educomp, this would be an instant hit. Top managment consists of RJ & his team, Ramesh S Damani,..

2) TTML - comments already provided. Beaten down stock yet to see turn around but with huge management BRAND, it will do good.

3) PRAJ - In Ethanol. Has been one of the core of portfolios of RJ. He recently added the same due to interest generated by Vinodh Khosla, VC and founder of Sun. Government of India allowing Ethanol blending in petrol is a good sign for companies like PRAJ.
(Do let me know if there are any similar stocks running on Ethanol's future).

IP IP Logged
catcall

Quote catcall Replybullet Posted: 09/Oct/2006 at 10:12pm
Dear Investor,
                       Yes, i do think that suzlon can be a multibagger even at these levels. for one thing, there is a heavy order book position, indicating greak top line visiblilty. the low cost of manufacturing adds to the bottom line. The company is at present the thrid in terms of market capitalsiaton. While the tremors in oil prices maynot affect indian companies so much due to subsidies, the western world and Japan is hell bend on decreasing thier oil consumption thru alt. fuel sourcing and this business in which suzlon is developing  a niche for itself is not likely to die down in a hurry. the company is going in for backward integration, into gearbox technology and integrated high efficiency blade design from europe, which will be a great help to the companys fortune in the long run.

so though the script may seem overvalued on an FY07 basis, it seems to fulfil all the criteria of a multibagger and the higher PE would seem justified.
IP IP Logged
investor

Quote investor Replybullet Posted: 09/Oct/2006 at 9:15am
thanks catcall, i do have it on my watchlist and planning to buy on dips.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 41 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version