Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Large Cap Blue Chips
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Large Cap Blue Chips
Message Icon Topic: TCS - Experience certainty. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
ameydesai

Online Status: Offline
Quote ameydesai Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2012 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Shiv R

Lets see how it goes tomorrow, as TCS will report it's Q2 results...The stock is trending south since yesterday!

my guess is the results will just be as per market estimates - not too good not too bad either
Arise, Awake and Stop Not till the Goal is reached
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 19/Oct/2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by ameydesai

Originally posted by Shiv R

Lets see how it goes tomorrow, as TCS will report it's Q2 results...The stock is trending south since yesterday!

my guess is the results will just be as per market estimates - not too good not too bad either

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/results/tcs-tops-expectations44-yoy-riseq2-net-profit_771332.html#toptag

TCS tops expectations with 44% YoY rise in Q2 net profit
If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
FutureBull

Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 1:00pm
I have been telling since long time now that HCL and TCS are best bet in IT for now. These two have made heavy investments in IP, people and processes. Just two yrs back these two were under performing now outperforming INFY. When INFY has already started taking right steps (mgmt changes etc) and investments, analysts would write obituary for the stock. Analysts are anaylyst, they can't stop looking backwards.
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 5:42pm
Futurebull,

What makes sense - riding the proven story or buy the story which is on the way to change [INFY]?
IP IP Logged
FutureBull

Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 7:51pm
I think better to ride the story if one is doing it already but time to switch is coming close. You would notice that INFY rallies before qtrly results in anticipation of turnaround. If it happens in any of the results, it would rally hard and would not give much time to enter. I would use any significant weakness in Infy to keep building positions over next 3-4 quarters. I do not hold any of these stocks. I happen to dislike all of the current bunch of promoters on Infy's board. Had they been regular employees, they would not have come close to the positions they hold today. This would give pain for few more quarters at least.

The reason for my optimism is that now they are backing their strategy with actions. They wanted to maintain margins but where are the offerings, so they acquired high end consulting firm. Mind boggling decision of holding back wage increments (as if they operate in vacuum) for employees was reversed too. I guess things are getting better on the margin.

Edited by FutureBull - 20/Oct/2012 at 7:55pm
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
rohit1889

Quote rohit1889 Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 11:47pm
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/market-edge/q2fy13-results-how-do-infy-tcs-hcl-tech39s-numbers-stack-up_771482.html#toptag

If you're prepared to invest in a company, then you ought to be able to explain why in simple language that a fifth grader could understand, and quickly enough so the fifth grader won't get bored.
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 10:27am
Originally posted by FutureBull

I think better to ride the story if one is doing it already but time to switch is coming close. You would notice that INFY rallies before qtrly results in anticipation of turnaround. If it happens in any of the results, it would rally hard and would not give much time to enter. I would use any significant weakness in Infy to keep building positions over next 3-4 quarters. I do not hold any of these stocks. I happen to dislike all of the current bunch of promoters on Infy's board. Had they been regular employees, they would not have come close to the positions they hold today. This would give pain for few more quarters at least.

The reason for my optimism is that now they are backing their strategy with actions. They wanted to maintain margins but where are the offerings, so they acquired high end consulting firm. Mind boggling decision of holding back wage increments (as if they operate in vacuum) for employees was reversed too. I guess things are getting better on the margin.

Right, i am already invested when stock was crushed and will accumulate further when it goes weak and below forward PE of 11-12. Such opportunities are coming from time to time. Reasoning is simple here -

1) INFY is a resilient company so it will take time but recover from current lethargy.
2) Current problems are solvable, Brand is intact and demand will always be there for all dirty work which INFY does.
3) 18K Cr cash and dividend protects too much downside below PE of 11-12

My expectations are simple, i am looking for 20+% compounder here in long haul with limited downside.

Edited by manish_okhade - 20/Oct/2012 at 10:37am
IP IP Logged
koolvalue

Quote koolvalue Replybullet Posted: 20/Oct/2012 at 11:31am
manish sir,

Laws and grounds of the game change very fast in business
and faster in IT. It is very clear that business models of
major IT companies are not suited for prolonged years of
moderate growth in business opportunity.22000 crs which infy has on books may well be spent on salary hikes of employees rather than getting utilised for creating business opportunity.I really doubt that Infy or TCS will
be 20% compunders on longer term basis.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version