Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies :Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
Message Icon Topic: From global warming to global cooling.. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
tigershark

Online Status: Offline
Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 22/Jun/2007 at 2:27pm
all teds can contribute to global cooling or prevent further warming in their own small way as starters pl replace all bulbs with CFL. no i do not own shares of surya or havells!
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 25/Jun/2007 at 8:41am
Originally posted by tigershark

all teds can contribute to global cooling or prevent further warming in their own small way as starters pl replace all bulbs with CFL. no i do not own shares of surya or havells!

Yeah...switching to CFL is a good way to begin with.

How about switching off TV sets especially biz channels, Doctor Saab?

Edited by basant - 26/Jun/2007 at 2:07pm
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 10:30pm
i have made astart have not watched business channel for the last 3days why watch when yu get all the news on ted  see i already know of future groups ipo plans and the block deals on tv 18 and enil on fire i also know that basant is running temperature which no business channel will ever tell you really speaking they should!
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 10:36pm
You are right Doctor Saab.

TED is much better option anyway as we get to read all the filtered news. There's hardly any 'noise' here (except of course from TEDies like me!!)

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 10:51pm
Tigershark: For the sake of our investments in Tv18 please watch the channelCry
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by tigershark

i have made astart have not watched business channel for the last 3days why watch when yu get all the news on ted  !

Absolutely agreed tigerji.

infact i do not have tv channel connection at home for years...

i get all necessary info from TED many a times well before i can go to the original content source. the best part is the same i get with relevant/ no noise analysis.

i am used to read business news papers, business mags and some time over internet.

Truly speaking if i miss business newspapers even for few days, visiting TED fulfills the requirement.

FOR ANY REASON, IF TED IS NOT THERE FOR FEW DAYS WE MAY FEEL HAVING BEEN BLIND IN THE INVESTMENT WORLD.
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 7:15am
us121 you cannot be more right but poor basant is getting worried if viwership of tv18 drops then we do have  a problem
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 26/Jun/2007 at 7:39am

us121 has mentioned very valid points. Apart from filtered news, less noise, the quality of analysis here is unparelleled.

TV18 won't be affected much as these are lots of new addicted viewers created there everyday...!

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version