Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Equity Valuation Techniques
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Equity Valuation Techniques
Message Icon Topic: Stock valuation technique Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
NileshGambhava

Online Status: Offline
Quote NileshGambhava Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2009 at 4:58pm

If you look at great multi-baggers then most of them were not satisfying these criteria in their early stage but later on they fitted well in the criteria. And if you buy in early stage then only it becomes multi-bagger (Multiple Money) else it is only Good Return (3 or 4 times F.D.).

So the question is to catch company in early stage or wait and buy when it satisfies criteria? Like Infosys was trading at 70 PE in 1998, Bharti’s Mkt Cap was 120 K even though it was making loss or Viceroy Hotel now…

:)
IP IP Logged
praveen

Quote praveen Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2009 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by NileshGambhava

If you look at great multi-baggers then most of them were not satisfying these criteria in their early stage but later on they fitted well in the criteria. And if you buy in early stage then only it becomes multi-bagger (Multiple Money) else it is only Good Return (3 or 4 times F.D.).

So the question is to catch company in early stage or wait and buy when it satisfies criteria? Like Infosys was trading at 70 PE in 1998, Bharti’s Mkt Cap was 120 K even though it was making loss or Viceroy Hotel now…

Well for every example where a company became mutlibaggers / there would be 10s of companies which became mutli-losers from the kind of figures you mentioned.

So for all those like me who doesn't have the eyes for spotting the next Infosys/Wipro/Airtel, it is prudent to focus on creating good returns multiple times rather than dreaming about the "multi-multi bagger"
The quest for knowledge is a never ending Journey
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2009 at 8:14pm
A 40 bagger is everyone's dream.

Discovering companies before they acquire limelight is obviously a very difficult proposition. No wonder india has only one RJ.

Some first hand experience will probabily be very helpful to invest a significant sum.

For e.g. Basant Ji fell in love with Pantaloon when he visited it's park street outlet.

Edited by subu76 - 22/May/2009 at 8:15pm
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2009 at 10:24pm
Finding a multibagger like 30,40 or 50 is each investors dream. But if you use rational mind then it looks more like a gamble, i mean one can get it once or probably twice but definitly not consistantly. Market is full of smart people, forget the retail investors we have lots of Fund Mgr who are assumed to be brilliant by any acedemic standard. Its their full time job to see the market still i have never seen any MF scheme has given 30-40 kinda baggers.

Well i wish that all forum members should get multi-bagger but at the same time i feel that rationalization of investment expectation is important. Greatest ever investor WB has amassed the wealth via snowball effect not by any short term magic.
IP IP Logged
NileshGambhava

Quote NileshGambhava Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2009 at 12:01pm

It is very hard to find out one multi-bagger but what I feel is that one needs only 2 or 3 multi-bagger in his/her life. I am ready to sit on cash or to park my money in F.D. for 5 years to find out only one multi-bagger like Hero Honda or Infosys or Airtel. If I found one multi-bagger during my life period which is 40 or 50 times and If I invest my one year Income then automatically it becomes my life long income.

Can any one please start thread on “Pick Only One Multi-bagger for life time”?

IP IP Logged
NileshGambhava

Quote NileshGambhava Replybullet Posted: 28/May/2009 at 3:48pm
Does any one know future Multi-bagger?
It must be minimum 10 times in next 4 years.
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 28/May/2009 at 4:26pm
Mumbai: If you had invested Rs 1,000 in Supertex Industries when everyone was throwing stocks away like lighted firecrackers last Diwali, you would be a lakhpati today.
http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?newsid=1259607

The little-known Silvassa-based company that manufactures parts for textile machinery has seen its share price multiply 100 times in the past seven months -- from 45 paise on October 27, 2008, to Rs 43.90 on May 27, 2009.

Edited by chimak10 - 28/May/2009 at 4:27pm
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 28/May/2009 at 4:55pm
Interesting but how are the financials?
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 108 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version