Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: Multibaggers in spin offs,de-mergers etc Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
FutureBull

Online Status: Offline
Quote FutureBull Replybullet Posted: 30/Jun/2009 at 11:33pm
Have you guys looked at Sical logistics.. seems interesting turn around story.. they have divested all non-core businesses and left with profitable logistics and infra assets..
‘The market always does what it’s supposed to — BUT NEVER WHEN’.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:19am
Will the NDTV spinoff result in existing shareholders getting shares of the new company or just a general spin off where NDTV remains the holding company. The real crunch lies there.

If you can work some details on post spinoff market cap it would be nice!

Originally posted by samirarora

I have invested in NDTV due to its demerger story and also because of its fall from a Rs.400+ share at this time last year to a sorry figure of Rs.165.00 at present.
Good management but loss making company but low floating stock with general public. Universal is one of the investors, Samir Nair (ex star plus) is now running NDTV imagine and also they have tied up with Dharma productions (Karan Johar) and later intend to come out with a public issue of NDTV Imagine.
In other words, all things considered, i think there is going to be a lot of action on this stock in the coming year or so .

Anyway, i had written to the company as to what is going on about the demerger as they have been going on about it for a long time now and i got a clear reply, that the permission is expected on 5th of October. All other necessary work is already in progress and hence demerger is now very soon.  Thought the date might be of some use to forum members who like these demerger/split/bonus kind of stories.

Best wishes,
samir.

'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
CHINKI

Quote CHINKI Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:24am
I don't recollect where I read the article but the news is Mr. Prannoy Roy is under financial problems. Religare with whom they have mortgaged their shares for money, is in talks with them for buying the company.

So don't get shock if you find Mr. Malvinder Singh as the new boss at NDTV.

Please verify the information before taking any action.
TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, BUT TOUGH PEOPLE DO
IP IP Logged
deveshkayal

Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:25am
I wonder if anyone watch NDTV Imagine.
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
samirarora

Quote samirarora Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:31am
Originally posted by CHINKI

I don't recollect where I read the article but the news is Mr. Prannoy Roy is under financial problems. Religare with whom they have mortgaged their shares for money, is in talks with them for buying the company.

So don't get shock if you find Mr. Malvinder Singh as the new boss at NDTV.

Please verify the information before taking any action.
NO PROMOTER SHARES HAVE BEEN PLEDGED to anyone, leave alone religare.. the news story was/is false and just rumour and i am amazed how the story made rounds and noone even bothered to check.

It is so easy nowadays to see pledged/encumbered shares etc.

best wishes,
samir.
IP IP Logged
chimak10

Quote chimak10 Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:37am
My mom watches it for few SOPS.. ( ndtv imagine )

Edited by chimak10 - 09/Sep/2009 at 10:38am
IP IP Logged
Hitesh Shah

Quote Hitesh Shah Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by samirarora

It is so easy nowadays to see pledged/encumbered shares etc.

One point to consider is that the data is revised every quarter and not daily, unless I'm mistaken.
IP IP Logged
samirarora

Quote samirarora Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2009 at 11:00am
Yes, true..they are revised every quarter.. but it is confirmed that no promoter shares were pledged as per end of June quarter.
This news is also two three weeks old and hence it is highly unlikely that the promoters pledged their shares July onwards and within a month Religare created trouble for them, as even when shares are pledged there is some kind of understanding between two parties and again , its highly unlikely that all this has happened.

The other scenario is that promoters pledged shares and within a few days , Prannoy Roy ( considered a respectable promoter) and Malvinder Singh (considered a respectable promoter) had a fight/tiff and one of them backed out of some part of pledging deal and now malvinder decides that he will take over NDTV... my logic does not hold this to be true.

BUT, in case, the news even 1 percent is true, i would think its good for the NDTV shareholder, isnt it.. Malvinder singh is rich and even if he takes over NDTV, he will be taking over promoters stake and if he takes more than 15 percent, then he will have to come up with an open offer. Now we know Malvinder Singh is cash RICH.. so i dont see a problem either way.

best wishes,
samir.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 24 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version