Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: Certified Financial Planner - CFP Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Rinku

Online Status: Offline
Quote Rinku Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 8:47pm
Is it possible to do this course from outside India (I mean distance learning)
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 9:55pm
Since you are in UK I suggest you do the US version of it but if you are interested in investing why not do an International CFA? There are many on this forum who have an idea on International CFA and that is one of the best things anyone can do?

This is where we discuss Int. CFA

BTW what is your edu background?
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 9:58pm

A CF Planner would be a good advantageous tool for all TEDDies, once the moolah kitty grows to a significant amount. It would provide cashflow for maintaining expenses for a numbe of years(from some off the $$$ kitty) and the rest of the money one can invest as they do now, thus investing would be more tension-free and thus more objective.

One CFP who writes sometimes on MoneyControl.com is Karik Jhaveri. He is a practising CFP at Mumbai available at: [email protected] for clients. One of his articles I liked most was this one
Anyone have any idea on this Kartik ji, let us all in on that TEDdies.

TIA

Edited by omshivaya - 10/Apr/2007 at 10:25pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
Rinku

Quote Rinku Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 10:26pm
Basantiji.Thanks for the Reply.But hum to yahn par pata nahi kab tak rahenge?Aur International CFA rupyia bhi bhout kheh leve ha(marwari).I have done BE. Comp.But want to make my future in finance.Even though I have very little idea about finance I am crazy abt it.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 10:41pm
Wow so you can speak (write) Marwari. But by now you would have realised that good things do not come cheap. CFP is not something that can build your career in finance but CFA is the best thing. Now how much would it cost Level 1 could set you back by about US $ 1200 that is I assume you get the study material 2nd hand from Mumbai.

Int. CFA is tough but I suggest it is better to spend some money and even if you flunk once it would be worth it. Int. CFA with an engineering background would be a potent combination.

Now if you look at the cost of all the 3 levels it would appear big but the point is that if you can pass all the levels then you might as well pay for it so take it level by level assuning that if you pass it is worth it.

And for the books as I mentioned above you could get them outsourced from India that should cut down the cost.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Rinku

Quote Rinku Replybullet Posted: 10/Apr/2007 at 10:51pm
Basantiji this is the reason I respect you.Completely an eye opener for a marwari.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 12/Apr/2007 at 1:16am

Basant sir, who is one of the best Certified Financial Planners that you know of. If someone wants Financial Planning to be done, which is the best place to go. I am talking of an individual rather than a company like Bajaj Allianz.

Thanks in advance Basant sir!
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 12/Apr/2007 at 1:31am
This is no rocket science. They are like consultants take money for identifying and then solving problems. Personally I feel a person is the best FP himself.What would you like to plan for? The first thing they will tell you is move 25% into debt and 10% into liquid cash etc etc and that we are not going to listen at least not me!!!

Good for balanced guys who are not desirous of getting rich in 3-5 years!!!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version