Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Words of Wisdom
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Words of Wisdom
Message Icon Topic: Read how stocks outperform all asset classes Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
manish962
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote manish962 Replybullet Posted: 03/Apr/2012 at 3:09pm
I would rather select 3-4 stocks and suggest a strategy to invest monthly into any one or two stocks which looks attractive at that time(relative valuation). The stocks could be from HDFC Bank, Page, Titan, ITC.  
IP IP Logged
vasantcool

Quote vasantcool Replybullet Posted: 03/Apr/2012 at 5:45pm
Good thoughts. What do you think of Eicher Motors, Tata Global, Tata Motors &Sun Pharma?
Have fun!
IP IP Logged
jigneshk

Quote jigneshk Replybullet Posted: 03/Apr/2012 at 7:46pm
Jaishrikrishna,
We really miss all your charts. EVen for educational purposes please continue to post your charts :-).
I had faced similar situation when my daughter was born - she is also 6 years old now. I also do not do funda based investment - I do all technical based buying but then some brilliant friends adviced to buy only 1 stock for longterm investment for my daughter's future with a condition that company should have most reputed management and sector should be completely new where bubble was never made (like FMCG/IT/Infra/2-Wheeler etc) . I bought my fav Murugappa group's Coromandel International in Fertiliser sector @ 21 in 2005 (bonus/split adjusted) and in 6 years it is 283 - I am not counting generous dividends etc. I will sell this stock only when I feel stock is in clear bubble -  which I guess may not happen before 2014.

IP IP Logged
coolcarney

Quote coolcarney Replybullet Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 1:05pm
All are awesome. Tata Motors have to manage their debt.
Originally posted by vasantcool

Good thoughts. What do you think of Eicher Motors, Tata Global, Tata Motors &Sun Pharma?
IP IP Logged
Jaishrikrishna

Quote Jaishrikrishna Replybullet Posted: 06/Apr/2012 at 5:53pm

Edited by Jaishrikrishna - 29/Apr/2012 at 8:41pm
Don't Buy and Hold, Buy and Homework / Fish see the bait,but not the hook; Men see the profit, but not the peril.
IP IP Logged
Kabootar

Quote Kabootar Replybullet Posted: 29/Apr/2012 at 6:38pm
Hey I have two accounts with different brokers. But the gains from my Titan holdings in one account is double that of the other. the only reason is that I bought once when Titan went way down and the other time when it was being talked up everywhere. My point is that price matters and it DOES NOT make sense to just put a fixed amount every month or week or whatever in any company. Do that for your EMIs.
Verbal diarrhoea! A most deadly disease.
IP IP Logged
manish_okhade

Quote manish_okhade Replybullet Posted: 29/Apr/2012 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by jigneshk

I bought my fav Murugappa group's Coromandel International in Fertiliser sector @ 21 in 2005 (bonus/split adjusted) and in 6 years it is 283 - I am not counting generous dividends etc. I will sell this stock only when I feel stock is in clear bubble -  which I guess may not happen before 2014.

Thats great!
Do you take above as sheer luck or there is any learning which can be used by all? Any rational analysis will help.
IP IP Logged
koolvalue

Quote koolvalue Replybullet Posted: 04/Nov/2012 at 10:57am
Very interesting interview by CHRIS WOODS (CLSA) to day on ET now.Says again gold will double from here.Whenever Chris
Woods have predicted something about gold it has come true.

Year 2006 first time I bought gold from investing point of view based on chris woods reco price- around 8000

Year 2009 bought again based on his views price around 17000, silver around 26000

My personal experience shows that he is pretty good at predicting gold and silver.Shall we buy more gold and increase asset allocation to gold if Mr Obama is re elected.(relection of Obama will ensure that FED policies will remain unchanged)

My personal allocation to investment class gold in my portfolio is around 20%.How much allocation other teddies
have? It will be very interesting to know.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version