Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Emerging companies - Mid caps that can become large cap
Message Icon Topic: Hawkins Cooker-When will the whistle blow Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 437 Next >>
reetesh

Online Status: Offline
Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 4:54pm
Hawkins is good defnsive bet, I am looking at those companies who can defend me..
When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 10:07pm
Reetesh,
There is contradiction here:

Hawkins is good defnsive bet, I am looking at those companies who can defend me..

Ships are safe in harbor but they are meant to be in sea.

Please take it lightly... :)
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 16/Sep/2006 at 3:52am
There is hardly any contradiction, you interpreted the whole thing contradictorily. I am a bottoms up kind of an investor who always believes in staying 100% invested, who wants to play safe and dont follow the heard mentality.
I dont want to be another "TITANIC" but yet I want to be in middle rather than on shore..

I hope this clarifies my point..

Reetesh...

Edited by reetesh - 17/Sep/2006 at 8:04pm
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 9:24pm

Hi all,

Hawkins India is clear leader in Pressure Cooker market and aggresive launching new products in Pressure Cooker and Non-stick Cookware.

Indian Kitckenware market size is Rs.3000 Cr.(Cooker,Non-stick cookware and kirchen appliancs) of which Modular Kitchen contitutes 33%, Cooker 22%, Non-stick cookware 4%, Mixer Grinders 23% and rest are gas stove etc.

With clear leadership position in 2 segment namely Cooker and Non-stick cookware and with Cooker market growing roughly at 8% YoY and raw material prices easing, Hawkins with 5.5% yeild and market cap. of less than 50cr at Rs.90 look very very attractive for patient investor.

Other Advantages

Around 52.81% (Including few % of promoter shares) of Hawkins shares are still in Physical form, and around 56%  promoter holding(Including few % of physical shares as on March`06).
Very little floating stock.

Company hold 78 valid patents and design registrations in various countries around the globe.

Management quality- Hawkins management would give any top rung Indian company management run for its money.

Source: Hawkins Annual Report 2005-2006.

IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 9:58pm
As a business, there is a general consensus that kitchen-ware will boom in view of untapped rural market potential.

I would request Basantjee to have a look at both Hawkins and TTK-Prestige for comparison purpose from financial ratios/analysis view point.
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 10:06pm
Anything that booms in the "rural market" has to sacrifice "pricing power" for "volume". Just like telecom, whereas charges of calls have just kept on reducing but volumes have increased.

Telephone and Power can be called necessity so rural area thrust usually leads to good growth and profits. I am not too sure of what kind of growth can "kitchen-ware" get in a rural area, with a rural mindset being quite different from a urban one. But who knows? Anything is possible
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2006 at 11:05pm
Well OM, I don`t think Hawkins is Rural Market play only, but it has brands for that segment of market as well and in my view it is more of Urban market play with its "FUTURA" range of cookware. 
IP IP Logged
valueman

Quote valueman Replybullet Posted: 29/May/2007 at 2:59pm

Hawkins Cooker net profit rises 23.36% in the March 2007 quarter

Sales rise 29.28% to Rs 58.64 crore

Net profit of Hawkins Cooker rose 23.36% to Rs 3.01 crore in the quarter ended March 2007 as against Rs 2.44 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2006. Sales rose 29.28% to Rs 58.64 crore in the quarter ended March 2007 as against Rs 45.36 crore during the previous quarter ended March 2006.

For the full year, net profit rose 85.86% to Rs 7.49 crore in the year ended March 2007 as against Rs 4.03 crore during the previous year ended March 2006. Sales rose 27.04% to Rs 173.24 crore in the year ended March 2007 as against Rs 136.37 crore during the previous year ended March 2006.

The company has declared a dividend of Rs.7/- per share .

Any views about the current results ?Is it worth investing ?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 437 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version