Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Large Cap Blue Chips
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Large Cap Blue Chips
Message Icon Topic: HDFC BANK: Consistency with Quality Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 81 Next >>
PrashantS

Online Status: Offline
Quote PrashantS Replybullet Posted: 17/Mar/2008 at 3:15pm
well it is like panic makes people do lot of thing s and that is what is happening investing in India has still to grow in the years to come
IP IP Logged
bharti

Quote bharti Replybullet Posted: 17/Mar/2008 at 3:47pm
its human behavior......in upwards rising markets there is panic to own at any prices...in falling markets, there is panic to sell at any prices!  I don't think its specific to India...
IP IP Logged
vincent
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vincent Replybullet Posted: 17/Mar/2008 at 7:09pm
HDFC Bank, DCM Shriram tie-up to offer rural banking services.

source : here
Time is your friend on the road to wellbeing.
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 17/Mar/2008 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by kaushalchawla

I am sure after this subprime crisis, which is still unfolding, the definition of risk will be refreshed/revisied in the minds of all business decision takers and this episode will be included in their textbooks for long time to come.

Sure it will be done as they did with previous episodes of Saloman, LTCM etc etc.

And in the times to come the investment bankers & corporates will find new ways of losing big money.

One good thing about those MBAs is that seldom they will repeat previous mistakes but they are very very innovative in making new ones.

This solves one mystery why those foreign iBanks prefer IIM grads.....for their innovation.

Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Musketeer

Quote Musketeer Replybullet Posted: 18/Mar/2008 at 2:21pm

Thats a very stirring thought: that HDFC Bank has never traded at such low valuations historically. But I'm controlling myself and staying put for now, I've been constantly putting money @ 1500, 1400, 1200 levels and now I think I'll invest only when there is enough fuel (pessimism - according to Kulman ji), waiting for HDFC Bank to come down to 1000. If it doesn't I'm happy to have made the lowest purchase at 1200.

Oh and to avoid being picked on (which is rampant these days in some forums here), if it drops even below 1000, I'll be happy to have made my lowest purchase at 1000. Further below that, I'll just sit tight.

Edited by Musketeer - 18/Mar/2008 at 2:25pm
Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
Musketeer

Quote Musketeer Replybullet Posted: 19/Mar/2008 at 7:49pm
Basant Sir, eagerly awaiting your write-up on HDFC Bank.
Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 19/Mar/2008 at 7:52pm
I would use the holiidays to some good effect.

Edited by basant - 19/Mar/2008 at 7:53pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
gopal

Quote gopal Replybullet Posted: 19/Mar/2008 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by basant

I would use the holiidays to some good effect.

No prb Basant jee

we will wait for write up but also do add or give your views on Axis bank future versus HDFC bank ..... since there is still some news on this forex thing that we are unaware of I think that during closing AXIS bank fell real hard .... what could the pain still be in banking sector generally ...

thnx
Women are like the stock market Coz they're irrational n can bankrupt u if u're not careful
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 81 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version