Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Suggestions / Feedback
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Suggestions / Feedback
Message Icon Topic: Post your suggestions to improve forum Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 65 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 03/Aug/2006 at 4:30pm
Thanks Vivek. While this can be done I feel that if we have our contents in place and do not make this site a tips and kya lagta hai den people will come. we are less then 2 weeks old and the google search engine has started indexing us.If you click on the active users tab you will see the google search robot quite frequesntly. Once pages get indexed we will have a flood of visitors that would add more interest and intellect to this place. While yahoo has already indexed 40pages google is normally a bit slow in starting the indexing job. Our average hits is about 1300 - 1500 per day and over a period of time thgis would increase. I will try and talk to some other members and see how we can get that community thing working on orkut.

Thank you gain  for your suggestion.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 03/Aug/2006 at 4:36pm
Thanks Mr. basant. Actually, I am very young to you and hence it is very inapproriate for me to advise to you, yet I simply see a lot of potential in our networking.I simply want to know why cant we be Zacks in Indian equities. i belive we have the right infrastructure. we have a wonderful analyst in you, excellent support staff like us.then why not something big?????
IP IP Logged
Ambarish
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ambarish Replybullet Posted: 03/Aug/2006 at 4:57pm
hi vivek if we form a comunity in orkut we will have a clash of intrest as being a online forum ourselves and as we provide almost the same sevice as an orkut community will. what i think is a good idea is that we should spread the word around in the simmilar community of which we r already a member of in orkut about this site so that more people can benfit of this place as we have started forming a strong group here and if people from orkut join us with support of members like yourself we will be able ro perfom miracles in cyber space   

Edited by Ambarish - 03/Aug/2006 at 4:59pm
www.halwasiya.uni.cc
“Wining is not everything, it is the only thing”
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 03/Aug/2006 at 5:29pm
Got your point,buddy, but I want this forum to get even more constructive in its approach. Word of mouth wont attract the desired number.And I dont see any competition between orkut and this site. Orkut is basically for business networking. However, i will ponder over what you have said.

Thanks buddy.... do keep on writing

Vivek
IP IP Logged
wba5261

Quote wba5261 Replybullet Posted: 06/Sep/2006 at 6:05pm
Sir,

Its becoming very difficult to obtain back dated posts and very difficult to locate the stock ideas.

Kindly organise the posts in a manner that it becomes easier to navigate.

Regards
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 06/Sep/2006 at 6:11pm

You may do either of the following

1) USE active topicsay look for posts one day old to since beiging here.

2) Use the search button on the top right hand corner of the page if you are looking at some specific topic/stock

3) Search for stocks in Investment ideas forum that is 2nd from the start at the forum index page. That section is divided into 3 parts Large caps, emerging multibaggers and value picks

4) If you are looking for posts from aspecific person please go into the member list and click on that person's nameand serach for all posts by him.

Please do suggest if something else/specifically needs to be done so that navigation is not a proble.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 10:14pm
Hello Basant jee,

This page seems to have an error mistake. I guess there may be some numerical limit to the "Final Total".

Try doing the following as n example:

1) Upfront amount: 1 lac
2) regular amount: 0 rupees
3) number of years: 30
4) Annual rate: 1%

The final total is wrong. I think it calculates in the above case simple interest for one year only or something like that, instead of compounded interest for 30 years. If only an upfront amount is put in, to keep compounding, without any additional monthly instalments, this calculation shows wrong values. It is a small mistake, but I thought I should let you know. Even though it was meant to be an exercise in showing what a small amount can grow to over time, I guess it should work nevertheless!

Hope this helps!
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 10:21pm
YEs it has still not been put in order.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 65 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version