Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Personal Finance - Startegies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies
Message Icon Topic: Bangalore Property Prices! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
deveshkayal

Online Status: Offline
Quote deveshkayal Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 12:25pm
People who bought flats by home loan two-three years ago are benefitting with the increase in prices after considering Prinicipal+Interest amount !
"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beat the guy with a 130 IQ. Rationality is essential"- Warren Buffett
IP IP Logged
Ajaya
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ajaya Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by tushar

Marathalli, grhhh....its one of those typical sheepish areas on the outskirts of the city which one wants to avoid going (unless forced to go to work!).

Tushar I have no idea  where you are living.But as some of the comments you made I don't agree.I have lived near that place for close to 5 years before leaving b'lore in Sept 2007.The location is  excelent as per staple due to the following reason.

* Mostely IT crowd live there as that is the centeral location to go to any IT companies in any part of b'lore.Most IT ppl prefer to buy apartment in that location as that is central location .If they change job  then also some other place will be same distance to them.Lot of apartmets are there in that ring road along with some posh row houses.You will find mostly apartment in both sides of ring road. You have multiplex is there nearby.

* IT coolies mostly prefer to go to big retail shop then the localites or govt coolies. This is my observation.

* In that location there are very few kirana stores.For many things you need to go little distance. 

*Near by you have brand factory.The crowd you see in Brand factory is as if they are selling everything in free.

IP IP Logged
Ajith

Quote Ajith Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 1:01pm
 Bangalore has a' research' background basically and so it will continue to attract high tech companies.But the centre of Bangaore is increasingly becoming unattractive due to pollution (I visit once or twice a year and stay with relatives near Hotel Leela,Airport Road ;Martahally is a few kms away from there-its less congested).
 Outskirts-new areas, may be the best bet.

Edited by Ajith - 11/Dec/2007 at 1:25pm
Ajith
IP IP Logged
johnnybravo

Quote johnnybravo Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Ajaya

Tushar I have no idea  where you are living.But as some of the comments you made I don't agree.

* Mostely IT crowd live there as that is the centeral location to go to any IT companies in any part of b'lore.Most IT ppl prefer to buy apartment in that location as that is central location .If they change job  then also some other place will be same distance to them.Lot of apartmets are there in that ring road along with some posh row houses.You will find mostly apartment in both sides of ring road. You have multiplex is there nearby.

Big%20smile Well how can you have any idea of where did I live !!

* The impression i gave was of 2005 but as I said (and also u did), Marathalli was/is better along the peripheral outer ring road only.

I might spark off a debate here, and somebody might get offended....but seriously, without any prejudice, quality of houses/apartments in Pune is much much better - just an observation.

Shhh...please don't expose Pune's roads for God's sake.

Anyways, lets trust Biyani, who might know more than u and definitely more than me about the location - and who cares whether techies live in shacks or castles as long as they visit staples
IP IP Logged
luke123

Quote luke123 Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 4:15pm
You wouldn't recognize Marathalli of today if you are talking about 2005..
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by tushar

Shhh...please don't expose Pune's roads for God's sake.

Roads???? woh kya hota hain?
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
Ajith

Quote Ajith Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 5:06pm
 Luke,
          I was mistakenly talking about the  sleepy Maratahalli of 2003.(last visit)
          Thats typical surprise story about outskirts.Koramangala is another.
Ajith
IP IP Logged
johnnybravo

Quote johnnybravo Replybullet Posted: 11/Dec/2007 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Ajith

Bangalore has a' research' background basically

LOL
Did u really mean research??? U said research or re-search?
Well B'lore needs to re-search a chief minister for sure!
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version