Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Announcements
 The Equity Desk Forum :Welcome- Have you registered on our mailing list? :Announcements
Message Icon Topic: Warning! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
MPD05

Online Status: Offline
Quote MPD05 Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 11:49pm

I've been a member for only a couple of weeks now.   Perhaps I've not earned the right to comment on your post just yet.

However, I've had previous experience in moderating medium sized groups.  I know it a very delicate balance between providing complete freedom to the members and at the same time ensuring that the group does not degenerate into a mere debating society.

I fully agree with your suggestion.   The focus of the group should be to facilitate a congenial forum for discussing stocks, economy, etc.  I'll extend my complete support in this regard.

IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 12:03pm
Very interesting suggestions by smart cat and Kaushal. Suggestions taken and immunity granted.

Let us try and make money out of this diuscussion rather then show each other how smart we are. Only the cats can show their smartness!!!
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
smartcat

Quote smartcat Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 12:15pm
Thanks for the diplomatic immunity! Big%20smile

I'm not sure how many people can relate to this - but quite a few software engineers can understand what I'm trying to say.

When a company has just started out, it will have 20 or 30 employees. Everything is fun and games, and you pull eachother's legs and have a hearty laugh all the time. You have parties every month and you come to office wearing chaddi.

But over time, the company grows bigger and now it has 1000 employees.
Can things go on like it is a 30 people company? Never - because things go out of control sometimes, and 'work' suffers. Some rules and some regulations are put in place - but the management makes sure that the company is still a good place to work in. 

IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 8:51am

Seen the message BasantJi and understood!

IF this was due to any particular post by myself, then I apologize and I give the admin the right to delete that post instantly. Also, the Admin can just SMS/Call, and then I would delete that post.
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 9:28am
No, niot on you. Though some posts have diusturbed me at this moment I would just let them remain the way it was.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
prosperity

Quote prosperity Replybullet Posted: 13/Nov/2007 at 10:11am
I know I have troubled you and many others on TED..

I have given my immediate apologies to the person who was troubled with my post - on the same topic/forum. Immediately, I have also deleted my troubling posts.

My intention was not to hurt anyone - that is explained by the fact that my original post used the words "he would have", which indicates possiblity and not surety..

But since it has hurted many people, i again ask for apologies..

But it seems that is not enough, so i have decided to never log-on on this forum again in the future..

It was very very nice, enriching, informative, learning experience to interact with so many nice, convinced, determined investors and traders. I have learnt a lot from you all - Thanks to everyone and Thanks for everything !!

PS: Since its difficult to be away from TED, i'll still be reading the posts, but would never log-on from now on and would never write a post !

I have no hard-feelings towards anyone with whom i have interacted on 'The Equity Desk' - Hope no one has any hard-feelings towards me, as well.... Thanks for everything !!

ADIEU  FOREVER !!
MAY GOD BLESS EVERYONE !!

IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 14/Nov/2007 at 12:00pm
Hey!!!! What all's going on here??

I don't know if I missed some part of your post Prosperity jee, bUt whatever part I read seemed "not exceedinly abnormal" .

Arre, TED ko chodna wodhna mat karo yaro! Lighten up! We need all people(who genuinely care for TED) and I know you are one of them.

Edited by omshivaya - 14/Nov/2007 at 2:50pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 14/Nov/2007 at 1:18pm
we are all human, including all the great masters of investing be it indian or foreign and to err is human no human being can have the same level of intelligence, smartness or commonsense that is exactly why this forum is thriving   collective intelligence and commonsesne.the freedom of expression is each ones right provided it does not insult or offend another, having said this people should think before taking drastic descions.
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version