Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Our stocks. Buy hold or sell - The help ourselves Board
Message Icon Topic: Query Board Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11
EquityInv

Online Status: Offline
Quote EquityInv Replybullet Posted: 26/Apr/2011 at 8:27pm
How can NRI [living in US] invest in Indian equity? I enquired with few brokerage [including ICICI,HDFC, etc] but they don't provide demat services to NRI based in US. [They do provide service for NRIs living elsewhere]. Does anybody know how can US based NRI invest in Indian equities?
One of the best rules anybody can learn about investing is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, unless there is something to do – James Rogers
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2011 at 10:02pm
if the promoters issue  Preferential Issue to themselves which takes their holding above 15%, shouldnt that trigger an open offer from promoters??
IP IP Logged
j2eeprofessiona

Quote j2eeprofessiona Replybullet Posted: 22/May/2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by j2eeprofessiona

if the promoters issue  Preferential Issue to themselves which takes their holding above 15%, shouldnt that trigger an open offer from promoters??

anyone ?
IP IP Logged
paps3535

Quote paps3535 Replybullet Posted: 26/May/2011 at 1:18pm
Smartlink Network Systems Limited announced that June 01, 2011 has been fixed as record date for the purpose of payment of Special Interim Dividend if approved by the Board of Directors, payable to the Shareholders. 

If I buy Smartlink today,& sell it on 2nd of June,Will I be eligible for Dividend?..

(30 Rs. dividend for 100 rs stock,Mann mein laddoo foot rahe hai..)

Everything has good end.if it is not good,then it is not the end.
IP IP Logged
Rehan

Quote Rehan Replybullet Posted: 26/May/2011 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by paps3535

Smartlink Network Systems Limited announced that June 01, 2011 has been fixed as record date for the purpose of payment of Special Interim Dividend if approved by the Board of Directors, payable to the Shareholders. 

If I buy Smartlink today,& sell it on 2nd of June,Will I be eligible for Dividend?..

(30 Rs. dividend for 100 rs stock,Mann mein laddoo foot rahe hai..)

Yes , But ex dividend the stock will probably open 30 rupees lower

Edited by Rehan - 26/May/2011 at 1:29pm
IP IP Logged
Investor2011

Quote Investor2011 Replybullet Posted: 19/Sep/2011 at 10:07pm
Hi friends..This is my first post and i am hoping that i am posting in the right section.
I had a query on demerger. Hope someone among you would be able to help me understand it better. I am trying to understand the demerger of TCI ( Transport corporation of India).The ratios of demerger are as follows

"After the demerger, shareholders of TCI will get one equity share of 10 rupee face value in the transferee company, TCI Developers Ltd, against every 20 equity shares of 2 rupee face value."

So my queries are
1) if i had 100 shares of TCI does it mean that after demerger i will have 100 shares of TCI and 5 shares of TCI developers or would it be 95 and 5? or is it some other value.

2) Post demerger will the number of shares of TCI (outstanding shares) remain the same or will it reduce by 1/20th?

3) Will the balance sheet of TCI remain the same after demerger or will the book value etc change? When i looked at the latest BL infact everything seems to have increased..

4) Current price of TCI is 86 and TCI developers is 165 (TCI developer was around 300 and TCI around 90 after demerger)

Can you friends please help me understand this as i am confused on the above..Thanks in advance,
Have a good day

Edited by Investor2011 - 19/Sep/2011 at 10:08pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version