Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Jim's message to the visitors at.theequitydesk.com Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 12 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Jim's message to the visitors at.theequitydesk.com
    Posted: 19/Jul/2006 at 9:08pm

Jim Roger the legendry American investor  is extremely  bullish on commodtities and thinks commodities to be a multi year story. When I invited him to inaugarate the forum and express his views to the visitors of www.theequitydesk.com. His message in an e-mail was as under:

Thanks for your terrific message.  I am flattered. I am spending the summer in      Asia with my family so cannot do it. You can excerpt something from my book[s] as long as you give credit.

I did start a raw materials INDEX back on 1 August 1998 for the reasons I explained in my book. It is up 230% or so since founding. The INDEX fund connected with it is available.

It will decline if commodities decline since it is an INDEX fund. It is an INDEX fund so no one "Manages" it.

The bull market in commodities may go on for several more years as I explain in my book although there will be big consolidations along the way as there always have been in every bull market in history.

Editorial Review
It's the ultimate road trip. Legendary investor Jim Rogers and his fiancée travel to 116 countries in a custom-built four-wheel-drive bright yellow Mercedes. Over three years, they make their way through war zones, are guarded by military convoys, observe a fifty-million-person pilgrimage, eat disgusting food, put the car on barges for transport between countries, and have their lives threatened at every turn. As well as describing his adventures, Rogers has plenty to say about the economies and roads he encounters on his journey. (Naturally, he's driven on the best roads and the worst.) With his keen financial acumen, he picks out those countries with the highest prospective economic success and which ones are headed for disaster. All in all, a wonderful trip.

"If Warren Buffett and Bill Bryson were trapped in a car with each other for three years, they might write like Jim Rogers." (B.O.T Editorial Review Board)

Rogers, a Wall Street success story who has been called "The Indiana Jones of Finance," once circled the planet on a motorcycle, which landed him in The Guinness Book of World Records and resulted in his first book, Investment Biker (1994). In 1999 he set out on another world-record drive around the world in a custom-built yellow Mercedes convertible with his fiancée, Paige Parker. Starting out in Iceland, the trip took three years and encompassed 116 countries, many of which are rarely visited, in a continuous swath across Europe, the former Soviet Republic, China, Africa, the Middle East, and the Americas. No one had ever driven overland following these routes, a total of 152,000 miles, another Guinness world record. Rogers' insightful commentary on the political and historical topography of these diverse countries cuts through stereotypes to give us a glimpse of the world the way it really is, for better or worse. This is a gutsy travelogue adventure from a guy who shoots straight from the hip, and it really hits the mark. David Siegfried
Copyright © American Library Association. All rights reserved

To read more about Jim please visit the writeup titled Jim Rogers - Driving into wealth by clicking on the following link on the main site:

Edited by basant - 04/Nov/2006 at 2:45pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 11:18pm
Nice. I didnt know this sweet and soft-spoken guy was this daring! Nice to know it!
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
catchsudipto

Quote catchsudipto Replybullet Posted: 04/Nov/2006 at 1:40pm
Dear Sir,

Did u heard MR JIM ROGGERS interview in CNBC-TV18 y'day. He is very very bullish on indian tourism sector. He said that there is no country in the world which can compare INDIA in tourism. its simple the best in the world.
He is very bullish on hotel sector, travel agent on every expects of tourism.
I feel then India hotels could be a real multibagger.

One more significant point he made. He told that " India could be a big global market in commodity" . Seem  that MCX could be a stunner.

thanks
Make your Life as simple as possible.
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 04/Nov/2006 at 2:05pm
I think the bigger message is in MCXFinancial Technologies he held Indian Hotels  some time back but had sold it off.

We should take him seriously for his commodity calls not stock and especially not India.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
catchsudipto

Quote catchsudipto Replybullet Posted: 04/Nov/2006 at 2:31pm
Dear Sir,

Yes Sir he is guru in commodities. His comments" india can become a global hub in commidity market" with over one billion people is quite a significant remark.
These guys can foresee the future lot quicker than us ( not U). If his predection comes true that MCX(NCDEX) can be a gold mine for long long years to come. 
I have some position ( bought rescently) in FT.

Thanks

Make your Life as simple as possible.
IP IP Logged
manishdave

Quote manishdave Replybullet Posted: 04/Nov/2006 at 11:50pm
Jim is also about consistency of his call. For example, Marc Faber is also bullish on commodities and emerging mkts. On one hand he talks about holding such mkts and go to hybernation. And they he would say is is overbough now and sell it and would talk all technical. On the otherhand Jim would say oil/copper might correct as there is correction in all bull mkts but dont sell.

Significant thing for Indian mkt is Jim was very negetive in 2001 even at 3000 index. He is bullish now and he is not know for chasing hot sectors. So I see it as verygood signal for us.

IP IP Logged
PrashantS

Quote PrashantS Replybullet Posted: 27/Nov/2006 at 3:30pm
What are the commodities we can be bullish on .....any idea .like coffee ...waht else ........
IP IP Logged
prosperity

Quote prosperity Replybullet Posted: 27/Nov/2006 at 5:20pm
ZINC

And to add to the long term profits are : operating efficiencies, current and future strategies and mgmt focus of HINDUSTAN ZINC

And i am glad that someone (atlast !) asked that question...

Warna, Basantji toh cyclicals aur commodities se dorr rehna chahatein hain .. isliye usse koi discuss hi nahi karta !!

Cheers, Prosperity

IP IP Logged
Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version