Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
 The Equity Desk Forum :Personal Finance & Lifestyle-Strategies & problems :Personal Finance - Startegies :Lifestyle and environment - One thing constant is change
Message Icon Topic: From global warming to global cooling.. Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 5 Next >>
BubbleVision

Online Status: Offline
Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Topic: From global warming to global cooling..
    Posted: 28/Aug/2006 at 3:28pm
Intresting news ----

Russian scientist predicts global cooling
MOSCOW, Aug. 25 (UPI) -- A Russian scientist predicts a period of global cooling in coming decades, followed by a warmer interval. Khabibullo Abdusamatov expects a repeat of the period known as the Little Ice Age. During the 16th century, the Baltic Sea froze so hard that hotels were built on the ice for people crossing the sea in coaches.

The Little Ice Age is believed to have contributed to the end of the Norse colony in Greenland, which was founded during an interval of much warmer weather.

Abdusamatov and his colleagues at the Russian Academy of Sciences astronomical observatory said the prediction is based on measurement of solar emissions, Novosti reported. They expect the cooling to begin within a few years and to reach its peak between 2055 and 2060.

"The Kyoto initiatives to save the planet from the greenhouse effect should be put off until better times," he said. "The global temperature maximum has been reached on Earth, and Earth's global temperature will decline to a climatic minimum even without the Kyoto protocol."

Mr BasantJi you can perhaps make a new page "intresting news" where we can post news like this and the Crude one earlier...
I found no such page and hence posted it here....
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 10:37pm
Interesting post here Bubble ji. Any follow-ups to this article would be mighty interesting from a knowledge point of view. Thanks in advance.
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
BubbleVision

Quote BubbleVision Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 10:42pm
Would try and look for that. I personally am very interested in Geography and spend most of my time watching the National Geographic or the Discovery.

That is where my knowledge of Mariana Trench came from.

Om -- Also see this post.

Edited by BubbleVision - 23/Apr/2007 at 10:44pm
You can't make money if you are unwilling to lose...It's like willing to breathe in but not willing to breathe out. -- ED SEYKOTA ....Read Disclaimer!
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:09pm
One of the favs. shows is "Future Weapons" on Discovery? It shows how tech. is changing the defence and offences systems of world's best military. I also like any shows related to "Snakes" especially.

Comedy shows, Discovey, National Geographic and CNBC are my fav pastimes.

Some of my favorite Youbue vids. are on:

1) UFOs
2) Time Travel
3) Vedas

I go for all aspects, especially am interested in the scientific basis behind any such videos.

You may be interested in the following:

(speeches by ex US military and ex key staff members of US govt.) In fact, they have substantial evidence that US has tech. for free energy and creating anti-gravitational like objects.

(Small talk on Einstens theory)

(Part 1 of 4. You can search the rest from the same page. Hope you know who Tesla was)

Edited by omshivaya - 23/Apr/2007 at 11:21pm
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
vivekkumar_in

Quote vivekkumar_in Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by omshivaya

One of the favs. shows is "Future Weapons" on Discovery? It shows how tech. is changing the defence and offences systems of world's best military. I also like any shows related to "Snakes" especially.

Omji !

I like the shows on Snakes too on Discovery  or Animal planet.. Personally I am afraid of snakes.. But donno love watching them on the safety of my couch .. ;-)

Have you seen the 'I Should'nt be Alive' series.. These are amazing survival stories.. Also Man Vs Wild are is also about Surviving skills in the wild.. This is worth watching too..

An amazing new series in Discovery is 'Planet Earth' Shooted with special high speed HD camera.. Simply amazing visuals.. Some never captured or seen visuals on wild life.. worth watching series...

Edited by vivekkumar_in - 23/Apr/2007 at 11:17pm
Often we forget there's a company behind every stock,and there's only one reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.
P Lynch
IP IP Logged
vivekkumar_in

Quote vivekkumar_in Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:18pm
BTW.. Global Warming meets Global Cooling... I guess why the hulla bulla... climate is going to even out then Wink anyways.. 

I guess its nature's way of experimenting with Newton's 3rd law..
Often we forget there's a company behind every stock,and there's only one reason why stocks go up. Companies go from doing poorly to doing well or small companies grow to large companies.
P Lynch
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:19pm
Yes seen the "I shouldnt be alive" too sometimes. Will try and watch "Planet Earth too". I just edited my above post. Some interesting links in it. Hope all Teddies like them.
IP IP Logged
vivekkumar_in

Quote vivekkumar_in Replybullet Posted: 23/Apr/2007 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by omshivaya

Some of my favorite Youbue vids. are on:

1) UFOs
2) Time Travel
3) Vedas

I go for all aspects, especially am interested in the scientific basis behind any such videos.

You may be interested in the following:

(speeches by ex US military and ex key staff members of US govt.) In fact, they have substantial evidence that US has tech. for free energy and creating anti-gravitational like objects.

(Small talk on Einstens theory)

(Part 1 of 4. You can search the rest from the same page. Hope you know who Tesla was)

UFOs are intriguing indeed... Ever wonder why these UFOs are not spotted in India ? Wink
P Lynch
IP IP Logged
Page  of 5 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version