Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: The new B'Com or BEKAAM? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
Ambarish
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Ambarish Replybullet Topic: The new B'Com or BEKAAM?
    Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 11:26pm
well the new syllabus of b.com has finally arrived and cu is quite zealot about it Any comments
www.halwasiya.uni.cc
“Wining is not everything, it is the only thing”
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 11:32pm
I think B'Com under the CU remains the worst but obvious course that most plus 2 commerce students take.Most of the students except for the Xaverians never study til as last as a few months befor ethe exam and I think that CU has to solve its adminstration rather then the course. How many students attend claases (not college) at Bhawanipore, BongoBassi.

Even if you have studies hard you are not sure as to how much you would score. BBA/BBM is far better alternative and this new syllabus business is Old wine in a new bottle. B'COm for me remains  "BEKAM".

The way it is being conducted is utter nonsense. Ask any B'Com student and he would be able to tell you more of it.

Edited by basant - 17/Aug/2006 at 11:47pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mamta Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 11:54pm

If the Bcom student (except for the Xaverian as you had mentioned)open their books just before few months of their examination,it is the system to be blamed and not the students.If the colleges and their system is such that attendence hardly matters,it is obvious that the student will enjoy........rather than wasting time in attending college

so i think system should be questioned and not the students
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 12:01pm
Not questioning the students. The University is inefficient. Now tell me a Cu Bcom guy gets 55% and his counterpart in Delhi Bcom gets 65% and bboth you and me know that CU students would be getting 10% less then DU but if both of them land up In London in search of a job I am not sure how many people will understand?

Also getting low marks because you could not answer is understandable but getting marks which have no connection to your effort is deplorable. Every body would tell you after the rsult as to how he expected x% and got .7x%. How would you know the truth?

By the way do you know I was given 11 out of 100 in English under the respectable Calcutta University? The sylabbus was English language not even Literature so you cannot argue that I did not study? Can you beat that?

Edited by basant - 17/Aug/2006 at 12:03pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Mamta
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Mamta Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 12:14pm

That is really unbelievable.........and ofcourse unquestionable.Many desrving student land up getting lower percentage than the ones who r not sincere......Recently,i saw the news where the media have brought to the limelight the way the answer sheets are checked.......quite shocking but true...the criteria of marking was the handwriting and the length of the answer and not the content....

So anything can happen under this education system.......
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 17/Aug/2006 at 12:18pm

Amen!

IP IP Logged
monk

Quote monk Replybullet Posted: 08/May/2008 at 7:03am
How is CFA for financial analysis. If one doesn't have the requisite background is this sufficient for security/business analysis? I have been contemplating a course in CFA since it is distance and possibly self-paced.Any other course that matches it and teaches business and financial ratios ?

On a different note, I just a met a gentleman who had graduated from Calcutta in Bcom, and he said it more often than not stood for "Buddhi Com" LOL LOL LOL
Am a contrarian by nature
IP IP Logged
way2collegedata

Quote way2collegedata Replybullet Posted: 20/Jan/2009 at 7:47pm
< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><>

MBA Colleges in India

http://www.way2college.com/mbacolleges.php is a web portal which provides complete information about all the MBA colleges in India. This has information for more than 10000 colleges.

IP IP Logged
Page  of 2 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version