Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Fundamental
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Fundamental
Message Icon Topic: Insiders - What are they doing? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Topic: Insiders - What are they doing?
    Posted: 09/Aug/2006 at 12:48pm
This section has been introduced to enable participants to post news about the market grapewine, promoter trades, new orders, new expansion programmes or any such information which you think is genuinely possible.

Would request you to substantiate your news with as much data as possible so that it does not look like a rumour.

Regards,

Basant

Edited by basant - 09/Aug/2006 at 12:48pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Vivek Sukhani

Quote Vivek Sukhani Replybullet Posted: 10/Aug/2006 at 6:06pm
I want to raise an issue here.tellme, how mych does trading on insiders help. My experience is that it makes money for you so long as the market is with you, but the moment, market reverses, all the built up gains simply vanish you, leaving you with nothing inside.also, it may attract legal actions. Insider trading makes one greedy which along with the sentiment of fear, must be resited at all cost. What do you say?
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 10/Aug/2006 at 6:15pm
The idea is not to get into news that are illegal but that which are probable - something that we refer to as the mosaic theory in finance. Yes, the topic does attract raised eye brows but I thought that if you could have people discussing why ceratin managemnts have raised stakes and why some have sold it could be interesting also many times there are news about certain acquisitions, sell offs in some news papers, wwe could discuss those issues as well.

By the way did you know that Udayan Mukherjee holds over 100,000 shares of TV 18 both as a mix of ESOP and otherwise. News such as these could make the topic interesting.

And I have already asked participants to put up news in such fashion that it does like like we are trying to manipulate certain scrips in the market.

The topic is Insiders - What are they doing and not Inside NEws so that is the point and finally we can always censor some items that appear falsified or manipulative.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
RITESHKAMANI

Quote RITESHKAMANI Replybullet Posted: 10/Aug/2006 at 11:29pm
i totally agree with Mr Basant .Important point is not that whether it make ppl greedy or it will  not help anyone in longer term.But the fact is that it exists n there is nothing wrong if someone follows it.I guess this is an individual opinion .
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 11:23pm
This info. will help us definitely. To get the news about a company, almost as fast as someone who has strong connections with the company, is good for us. So let's share it. Good Luck
The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
kulman

Quote kulman Replybullet Posted: 08/Sep/2006 at 4:33am

The great Warren Buffet once said: "With enough inside information and a million dollars you can go broke in a year"

Another one I heard from Gul Tekchandani: TIP spelt backwards is PIT, that's what you get into when you follow stock-tips blindly.

While I agree that information and news flow helps, but one MUST stick to his/her own discipline, study the impact on business.

Edited by kulman - 08/Sep/2006 at 4:33am
Life can only be understood backwards—but it must be lived forwards
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 09/Sep/2006 at 2:07pm

I dont think we would blindly follow a tip. But however, thanks for your input kulman. Good luck

The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
reetesh

Quote reetesh Replybullet Posted: 11/Sep/2006 at 3:12am

This will be a good place to visit regularly...

When going gets tough, that’s when tough (people) gets going.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version