Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Buffet, Lynch and other legends - Investing Strategies
Message Icon Topic: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's Portfolio - March 2 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 19
pinki_kotak
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote pinki_kotak Replybullet Posted: 18/Sep/2009 at 8:39am
AXIS ITNT.Last year was taken over by Rajeev Chandrasekhars(ex-BPLMobileChief) AXIS Aerospace and Technologies pvt ltd.Mr.Chandrasekhar is creating a complete mega AVIATION LIFE CYCLE services company.Axis Itnt becomes the Design services company of the group.They are also foraying into DEFENCE sector.The promoter group company has major tie ups with EADS and Thales.Infact EADS India Head Mr.RaviNarayan is also the the chairman of Axis Aerospace group and also Axis Itnt.its a multibagger
IP IP Logged
Rehan

Quote Rehan Replybullet Posted: 21/Sep/2009 at 11:19pm
I hold  Zen Tech as well. I wrote to the company to know about their order position but  I didnt get any response. I am taking heart from the fact that share price has risen. But in absence of info about order /bid positions etc diificult to decide on further action. I like there business sector and the reputation   they seem to have built . Any input on this would be appreciated.                                                                                                                    
IP IP Logged
subu76

Quote subu76 Replybullet Posted: 26/Sep/2009 at 3:34am

deleted

Edited by subu76 - 26/Sep/2009 at 11:43am
IP IP Logged
vittapoint
Groupie
Groupie

Quote vittapoint Replybullet Posted: 21/Jul/2011 at 11:43am
Another Delta corp
http://money.rediff.com/companies/sterling-holiday-resorts-i-ltd/16560010/bse/year

ET
"Billionaire Rakesh Jhunjhunwala and investor Radhakrishna Damani plan to buy one crore shares in Sterling Holiday Resorts up to 90 a piece, providing the much-needed funds for the financially-troubled company, two people familiar with the negotiations said"

Edited by vittapoint - 21/Jul/2011 at 11:46am
IP IP Logged
mukulgarga

Quote mukulgarga Replybullet Posted: 22/Jul/2011 at 10:15am
can anybody shed light on RJ's investment in DCB.Last time I knew he was holding 12 lacs shares ie less than 1 % of the equity. Is there a place where one can track holdings of less than 1 %
I always knew I was going to be rich. I never doubted it for a minute.
IP IP Logged
shashikapoorin
Groupie
Groupie

Quote shashikapoorin Replybullet Posted: 02/Aug/2011 at 9:47am

site:economictimes.indiatimes.com

India's most famous investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala pledges to give away 25% of his wealth, sets a $1 bn corpus target for it

MUMBAI: Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, India's most famous investor, has pledged to give away 25% of his wealth during his lifetime. He is the fourth Indian businessperson - after Azim Premji, Shiv Nadar and GM Rao - to make a statement of intent to give away a substantial part of their personal wealth to philanthropy.

Announcing this on Monday evening at an event organised by GiveIndia, a giving facilitator, the 51-year-old said he planned to route all his charity through his R Jhunjhunwala Foundation.

He has set a 2020 corpus target of $1 billion (about Rs 4,400 crore) for his foundation, which is currently inactive. "I treat charity as my fourth child and will divide my wealth equally among all my children," the father of three said.

Jhunjhunwala declined to quantify his net worth, but Forbes magazine, in 2008, had ranked him 1,062 among the world's richest, with an estimated wealth of $1 billion. Although he built his initial fortune on stock trading, he is known today as a long-term investor who follows the value style of stock investing, whose most successful practitioner is Warren Buffett.

Often referred to as India's Buffett, Jhunjhunwala picks up large stakes in companies he thinks have a competitive advantage, ability to scale up, and good management. His multibaggers in the past decade reportedly include Karur Vysya Bank, Praj Industries, Crisil, Titan, HOEL, BEML and Bharat Electronics. In his giving, he now joins Buffett.

Buffett has pledged to give away "more than 99% of my wealth", which is currently valued at about $50 billion. Jhunjhunwala's blueprint for giving reflects shades of Jhunjhunwala the investor.

For example, he plans to hire professionals to manage his foundation. While he declined to state the areas in which he will deploy his wealth, he told ET: "I will support various activities. Whatever is closest to my heart and whichever cause will give the biggest bang for my buck."

The prolific investor's giving pledge comes after the March 2011 India visit by Buffett and Bill Gates, the world's two biggest corporate philanthropists, who urged India's wealthy to direct much more of their wealth to help the disadvantaged. While the duo managed to persuade 59 billionaires in the US to take the 'giving pledge', the response in India was muted.

But now, says Dr K Anji Reddy, founder of Dr Reddy's Laboratories, "These giving pledges have the effect of the Buffett-Gates visit." Jhunjhunwala, however, says: "Their visit is not the primary reason for my pledge, it has more to do with my father." When his father was in college, he did not have enough money for his education, and he completed his B.Com only because a friend paid for his education.

Among the four Indian corporate philanthropists, Jhunjhunwala is the youngest. Nadar and Azim Premji are both 66 while Rao is 61. In September 2010, Nadar, cofounder of the HCL Group, pledged to give away 10% of his wealth to charity.

In December 2010, Wipro Chairman Premji transferred 8.7% of his stake in his company - valued at about $2 billion - to the Azim Premji Foundation, which focuses on education.

And in March 2011, soon after the Buffett-Gates India stopover, Rao, founder of the GMR Group, pledged his 12.5% stake in the business, valued at about $340 million, to a family foundation.

The billions of these four businessmen are still a fraction of the wealth of billionaires in India, whose numbers and fortune are seeing brisk growth. According to the Forbes India Rich List, 2011, India has 55 billionaires - the third highest in the world, after the US and China. Their combined wealth is $246.5 billion, according to a Kotak Wealth Management report titled 'Top of the Pyramid-Decoding the Ultra HNI, 2011'.

This is more than the combined gross domestic product (GDP) of Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The same report said India had 62,000 ultra high net-worth households - with a net worth of Rs 25 crore or more - in 2010-11.

The Kotak report expects this number to increase to 219,000 by 2015-16. "Giving (in India) has a long way to go," says N Vaghul, chairman, GiveIndia. "People have more disposable income now, but they are not giving a fraction of that."
We dont hv 2 be smarter then others v need 2 be more disciplined then others
IP IP Logged
Nichola1374i

Quote Nichola1374i Replybullet Posted: 19/Mar/2016 at 3:12pm
every move, The shoe is finished off with Hyper Crimson speckles on the Sequoia midsole which works in perfect compliment.
" Mac**** wrote. CNN is reporting.
images via: Oneness
Download the Kicks On Fire app (iOS) (Android) (Windows) and stay up to date on all the news and release dates you need to know. and work friends live out their best Pinterest-inspired lives. In addition to performing hits of her own,Nike Roshe Run Floral, Watch and listen below. Stay tuned to KicksOnFire for all official release info. is set to release in the 2015 holiday line up. The new mama — who recently went bronde — has been sharing shots of herself hanging out in what looks to be a nature getaway. and we're guessing Reynolds — who likely played photographer for this shot — understands what his wife is talking about.
   Taking a look at the shoe we can see a couple of different shades of blue take care of the posite and mesh upper while hits of White appear on the Swoosh and heel,Nike Roshe Run Black.With the announcement and release of the Kobe 10
Sneaker Con made it’s way to New York over the weekend and this sweet trio of Nike Air Foamposite Pro Samples was spotted that left many people in awe,Nike Roshe Run Slip Womens.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 19
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version