Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Large Cap Blue Chips
 The Equity Desk Forum :Investment Ideas - Creating winning portfolios! :Large Cap Blue Chips
Message Icon Topic: Reliance communications Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 38
S.Varghese

Online Status: Offline
Quote S.Varghese Replybullet Posted: 16/Nov/2012 at 1:04pm
Amey sir, I understand how difficult it is to take your loss and go home. I had about 20% of my money in such duds - Parsavnath developers, ABG Shipyard, Bharati, IndiaBulls, DLF, Jayprakash Associates and a few more.

In a year I took losses of about a few lakhs. I would not have sold them but then I wanted to free some money for my daughter's admission. Depending on the scrip my losses were from 50% to 90%.

That was a huge lesson learned, and after that by God's grace I did not make any loss in any financial year. In individual scrips I made losses, but never overall. I did not make many significant gains, but I hope things will improve.

I can understand your pain - as a person who lost a few lakhs when he had to liquidate his duds for his daughter's schooling. The best decision I took at that times was retaining the winners and selling the losers which novices generally do not do. I was lucky there.

I know another close person who lost more than  a million rupees because his broker topped up on falling IVRCL. When the loss was at about 2-3 lakhs, I advised him not to do that.

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
IP IP Logged
S.Varghese

Quote S.Varghese Replybullet Posted: 16/Nov/2012 at 1:08pm
The other lesson I learned was that the smartest people do not attach any color to their money.

When any one of my stock went sour, I wanted to recoup the money in the same stock which is a very stupid idea.

Smart people don't have that attachment to , they will make money whereever it is available. The cat can be of any color so long as it catches mice.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.
IP IP Logged
koolvalue

Quote koolvalue Replybullet Posted: 16/Nov/2012 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by ameydesai

@Subu - i first bought rcom on the fateful day - 21st Jan 2008 - @Rs.602/- because it had fallen Rs.70+ in single day (i.e. 10%++) then it kept falling - i bought again on 6 Jul 2009 @Rs.268/- and it fell again - i bought it again on 30 Oct 2009 @Rs. 187/- ....all the while telecom rate lowering was the only news ....everybody bled ....

i guess now on only top 3 or 4 companies will remain - rest all will perish !

it is going to take time for people like me to book losses...anyways the current cost of the shares purchased is 18% of my purchase value

best lesson learnt - never catch a falling knife !

Ameyaji it takes a lot of pain to book losses. I booked my losses in TIL (bought 440 sold 310),Automobile corporation of Goa (bought 350 sold 270),Sanghvi movers (bought 124 sold 111,Saburo Organics(bought 54 sold 43) a few years back with heavy heart.(fortunately vivimed labs doubled and overall folio remained in black) But quickly follwed advise from TED and invested in TED shares which not only recovered my losses but almost doubled my portfolio.

Hence prepare your mind,book out and start fresh.Who knows you may come across a five bagger.

The best thing I can suggest is convert your loss making scripts to couple of TED favourite (TITAN,PAGE,HDFC TWINS) immediately,subscribe to Bsant corner,Study the companies and take a aggressive concentrated bet which will recover your losses.

Edited by koolvalue - 16/Nov/2012 at 1:30pm
IP IP Logged
Shiv R

Quote Shiv R Replybullet Posted: 22/Jan/2013 at 10:58am
RCOM Qtrly results are awaited today and the stock is soaring on the news that RCOM may be striking a deal with RIL for a mobile network sharing!
IP IP Logged
us121

Quote us121 Replybullet Posted: 24/Jan/2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Shiv R

RCOM Qtrly results are awaited today and the stock is soaring on the news that RCOM may be striking a deal with RIL for a mobile network sharing!

Beware of Traps!!!
ABILITY will get u at d top. CHARACTER will retain u at d top
IP IP Logged
Jimm0y74jp

Quote Jimm0y74jp Replybullet Posted: 11/Oct/2015 at 8:18pm
,Louboutin Soldes
This is a decent colorway of the Zoom Soldier 9. I would have preferred some black accents somewhere to make it pop more,Louboutin Occasion, but I guess that would have messed up the “Ohio State” theme.
Author’s Take
This red and white colorway of the LeBron Zoom Soldier 9 does not have an official release date yet, but you can expect it at retailers later this Summer.
The Nike LeBron Zoom Soldier 9 has been on a tear lately with some pretty dope colorways, including the “Sprite” and “Quai 54″ versions.
Now a new colorway has surfaced that is believed to be inspired by Bron’s home state of Ohio. Specifically the Ohio State Buckeyes for that matter. If Lebron would have attended college many people believe that the chances of him going to Ohio State were pretty good. This latest LeBron Zoom Soldier 9 comes with a full red mesh upper and white hyperposite overlays,Louboutin Lady Peep. The silver Swoosh logos on the side panels have been outlined in red and the LeBron James branding on the strap and tongue have also been done in silver.

via: gc911

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 38
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version