Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Build careers in Finance
 The Equity Desk Forum :Careers :Build careers in Finance
Message Icon Topic: Equity Research Analysts - Whats the job like? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 21/Mar/2011 at 11:17am
Total market value of land at market price less total debt divided by number of shares.
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Mukesh C

Quote Mukesh C Replybullet Posted: 22/Mar/2011 at 12:33pm

Thanks a Lot!!

Seems similar like Enterprise value…. But risky..

I think many research reports must be quoting aggressive NAVs….. for part of land banks with ongoing construction -  the potential development benefits must be embedded ? this again gets into territory of EPS- right- Please help to understand.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs…. As always

Edited by Mukesh C - 22/Mar/2011 at 12:47pm
IP IP Logged
Crazy Horse

Quote Crazy Horse Replybullet Posted: 22/Mar/2011 at 1:17pm
yes. In most research reports the NAV also includes the value of development even for empty land. the more conservative way ofcourse is to just have the land value.
The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out and meet it (Thucydides, Circa 460 BC - 400 BC)
IP IP Logged
Mukesh C

Quote Mukesh C Replybullet Posted: 22/Mar/2011 at 2:33pm
hmmm..... shall keep in mind
IP IP Logged
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 29/Mar/2011 at 11:51am
I didn't know my salary when I went to work for Graham until I got his first paycheck. Do what you love and don't even think about the money. I will take a trip on Paul Allen's Octopus ($400M yacht), but wouldn't want one for myself. A 60 man crew is needed. They could be stealing, sleeping with each other, etc. Professional sports teams are a hassle, especially when you have as much money as him. Fans would complain that you aren't spending enough when the team loses.

If there is a place that is warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and you do what you love doing, you will do fine. You're rich if you are working around people you like. You will make money if you are energetic and intelligent. This society lets smart people with drive earn a very good living. You will be no exception. - Warren Buffett

Edited by basant - 30/Mar/2011 at 12:09pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
Koti_gunda

Quote Koti_gunda Replybullet Posted: 30/Mar/2011 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by basant

You will make money if you are energetic and intelligent. This society lets smart people with drive earn a very good living. You will be no exception. - Warren Buffett

This shows how passionate about the profession he has selected and shown greater amount of conviction before he started earning anything.
IP IP Logged
barla

Quote barla Replybullet Posted: 30/Mar/2011 at 12:53pm

That is perfectly right:

1. Being energetic
2. Have a lot of commitment
3. Do what you like.

I think in India also it would be the same value systems that will ensure your success.

Must be the absence of these opportunities that have triggered the revolutions in the Middle East.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version