Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: Gulf Oil Corporation Post Reply Post New Topic
Vishal

Online Status: Offline
Quote Vishal Replybullet Topic: Gulf Oil Corporation
    Posted: 06/Feb/2007 at 5:13pm
In my track list for multibaggers, I am tracking Gulf Oil Corporation. The present market cap at Rs. 1285 per share is Rs. 1800 crores. The company has a great land bank. Out of all the land banks, I know of the property in Hyderabad of about 800 acres. The market value of which is unknown. The company also had a property in Bangalore (area and value not known) where the company has started its development activities. The company has expressed its intent to develop its Hyderabad property as reported by CNBC on July 26, 2006. However, later the environmentalist has raised a dispute over the land being including in municipal area. I am unable to confirm the outcome of the case even though I am receiving positive but unconfirmed news on the same. This Hinduja group company has also good land banks in all the metros (area and value not known). The company is disposing off its property in small "quantities" and also selling its subsidiaries to collect money for the developmental activities.  If the above news is confirmed, the valuations will turnout to be much higher than the ruling prices.

If anyone have a better perspective on this company, please do share on the same.
Market is all about probabilities. Discovering probabilities is exploring skies with all the fantasies. The more you explore, the more you discover. This is what I also feel about theequitydesk.com.
IP IP Logged
omshivaya

Quote omshivaya Replybullet Posted: 06/Feb/2007 at 9:48pm
Maybe a scrutinzer can get something out of the financial results:

Link here on home page: http://www.gulfoilcorp.com/

The most important quality for an investor is temperament,not intellect.A temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd nor against it
IP IP Logged
cena2020

Quote cena2020 Replybullet Posted: 30/Jul/2010 at 7:26pm

Based on what you know about evolution predict what future life will be in and around the Gulf. Give a short term (decades), mid-range (centuries), and long term (thousands of years) prediction (3 references).
i have no idea where to find these things, please help, thanks SOO much

Smart Lipo
Essential Oils

IP IP Logged
excel_monkey

Quote excel_monkey Replybullet Posted: 23/Nov/2010 at 10:27pm
any update on this one
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version