Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin

Identifying Multibaggers
 The Equity Desk Forum :Market Strategies :Identifying Multibaggers
Message Icon Topic: TheEquityDesk report Card -September 2009 Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
basant
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote basant Replybullet Posted: 06/Oct/2009 at 6:49pm
Thanks for the effort. I hope I have not gone number blind!Cool

Originally posted by Khan

Basantji,

Please find below my analysis of TED XI performance since 3 years, using data which I was able to collect from your earlier reports. I have used prices as mentioned in your reports. Adjusted Pantaloon retail for split.

In simple words, if someone followed the TED XI stocks by investing equal amounts at the beginning of October 2006 and if every quarter since October 2006,  they would rebalance the portfolio and align with equal weighted TED XI, the portfolio would be up 52% even after the roller coaster of 2008-09. Comparatively Nifty is up about 42% over the same period. 

Edited by basant - 06/Oct/2009 at 6:54pm
'The Thoughtful Investor: A Journey to Financial Freedom Through Stock Market Investing' - A Book on Equity Investing especially for Indian Investors. Book your copy now: www.thethoughtfulinvestor.in
IP IP Logged
YGIND

Quote YGIND Replybullet Posted: 11/Oct/2009 at 3:42pm
Dear Basant

The portfolio needs to be improved with stocks related to Power Sector .
like BGR Energy .
Yogesh
IP IP Logged
rakhi183

Quote rakhi183 Replybullet Posted: 12/Oct/2009 at 4:45pm
Basantji. I have recently joined the blog and shall introduce myself soon. Just needed a quick comment.Hawkins has excellent returns on equity and capital employed. However, I feel that its main competitor Prestige will show higher growth in the future. Its value vs growth I guess. What's your view point??
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 23/Oct/2009 at 4:21pm
idfc a good set of numbers.looks like this one is back on the growth path provided gdp grows and equitymkts do well
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
tigershark

Quote tigershark Replybullet Posted: 23/Oct/2009 at 4:22pm
basant, do you have any ill feelings selling asian paints?
understanding both the power of compound return and the difficulty getting it is the heart and soul of understanding a lot of things
IP IP Logged
Vilas

Quote Vilas Replybullet Posted: 26/Oct/2009 at 5:07pm
Basant Ji,

I would like to buy Stock i.e Mcnally Bhart for Long term prospective ..3 Year..
I would be really appritate if you advice me about Mcnally Bharat Stock.
IP IP Logged
Addey

Quote Addey Replybullet Posted: 22/Nov/2009 at 1:12pm
Smile Hi sir i read ur topics on rakesh jhunjhunwala but i did'nt get r.j portfolio of sept2009. sir can u share rj2009 portfolio with me. and rj have latest bought shares like mrs rekha jhunjhunwala bought 500000 shares of mcnally bhart on 08 oct 2009.

I want to see some usefull portfolio like Morgan stanley investments, reliance capital investments,lheman brothers etc.

Thanks...

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version